“Very nice hotel! Would recommend it for beach goers!”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Arrived on 07-17-13, around 4pm. It's only 15 miles to VA Beach! Male Staff was very, very nice and efficient. At first my two room keys did not work, they made new ones, come to find out, dummy me, was putting them in backwards? Room was very clean, just a little musty smelling from being shut up, but once I put the A/C on it cleared up! One tall standing lamp did not work, but had plenty of other lamps to use for my one night stay! I left after checking in and found plenty of places to eat, and rode down to the beach, once I returned, I was amazed to see that so many people had checked in while I was out! Had a pleasant night, bed was very soft and comfy, pool looked inviting but was to tired to use it, other guest were quiet, did not hear any noise until early Am, when people were beginning to get up and leave! Over all I would come back to stay here again!

Room Tip: I went on line and searched many, many hotels with a price and good rating, being right on the beach...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

thank you for the great review,we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.we strive to be all that we can for the guest.we hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived at the Red Roof Inn at 1:30 AM after a a delayed flight from California.
The Red Roof Inn was not nearly as close to the airport as it was advertised to be. We passed several hotels closer!
The good: An extremely helpful and nice overnight front desk clerk who had just started a few weeks prior.
The BAD: There were truck with their long haul trailers parked everywhere in the parking lot, making it difficult to find a parking space for our car.
A large refrigeration truck and trailer was parked right next to the wall of the building where our hotel room was assigned. We open the door to a disgusting and dirty room. Within minutes of arrival the refrigeration unit started up automatically inside the truck ,shaking the building and continuing with a low roar. I would have been impossible to sleep with the noise.
Back to the front desk for another room.
Room number two was at least away from the trucks. It was now 2:00AM so we went right to bed. A mistake.
The UGLY:We woke up to a disgustingly dirty room. Dirty stained carpet, torn drapes, worn sheets. But this is the best, the carpet had not been vacuumed from the previous guest, little scraps of paper, plastic wrappers and the best, toe nail clipping left on the floor from the previous guest. That was the grossest thing I have ever experience in a hotel!
New front desk clerk(not from the night) remarks: Oh, we are sorry.
Reginal, maintanence supervisor remarks:I had a day off yesterday and they never clean it right when I'm gone.
Maid supervisor:Never showed up after 15 minutes as requested.

This place is a dump. Drive as fast as you can by it!

Room Tip: Don't even think of stopping! The place is a nightmare!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Johnmaui
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your concerns with the hotel.I want to take the time to apologize for any inconvience you may have had.I assurre you this problems has been corrected. And do hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I came in town from Altanta to visit family an friends for the July 4th. I enjoyed my stay there, check-in was a breeze threw, the front desk clerk if I maybe mistaken the Lady name was "Linda" had me to my room in no time.The room was very nice my dog an I got comfortable with no problems. They also have Everything by you Walmart, Target, Family Dollar, Walgreens, 7-11, Fast Food, Diners, Etc.....
outside a huge field where I took my dog to do his thing lol and other dogs and cats lol yes I said it isaw a woman with her cat walking also but all the dogs got along not barking at all. but overall I enjoyed my stay as the terminator say "I'll Be Back".

Room Tip: Book Early Like I Did Great Prices
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank raquell p

I do want to apologize for any inconvience,you had during your stay.I assurre these issues have been address and corrected. I do hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again

Reviewed July 14, 2013

so i tend to frequent this hotel, and i noticed a sudden price hike from about 60ish dollars a night to 120 per night i expected a small jump because it is now summer but not a dubble in the rate. i was here for 2 nights and all was ok until my final few hours of being there while showering i looked up to see the wall had mold growing. also right next to it the wall paper i guess was separating from the ceiling and when poked it discharged a foul smelling liquid. also upon leaving i decided to shave not using the sink earlier in the stay i didn't see the fact that it was damaged so it wouldn't be controllable via the plunger in the back and that the small metal drain cap thing was also off and the water did drain just incredibly slowly.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank shawn g
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

we are sorry that this guest was not happy with the rate but unfortunately our weekdays rate go for about 71.99-99.99 and weekend rate are a little higher.This is our busy season and I think because of the rate he is complaining about the room because he never complained before.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed one night during a road trip to NC. The room was outdated, a little musty with carpet stains and no blow dryer.
The one good thing was late night check-in which was more like early morning check-in with a friendly person at the front desk. Plus it was located right on the highway we were taking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Theresa S
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

we would like to apologize for the bad experience you had with us.we also are doing some minor renovations as we speak so in the future please give us another try.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The bed wasn't comfortable at all. The room had a foul odor. Had to park a building away from my room. Room had no iron or board. Wasn't a pleasant experience. The location was the only thing good. $130 was to much for what it was. Wouldn't recommend anyone stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013

dear sir,we are sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.we strive to be the best and to satisfy our guest to the best of our ability.when there is a busy weekend every body can not get a parking space directly in front of their room,but we do apologize for the uncomfortable bed and if we was bought to our attention we would have taken care of the problem.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We searched and searched and searched for a hotel with availability on a Saturday night that accepted pets. I made a call to this red roof inn. The gentleman was really nice.
Reading reviews I was a bit nervous. I wanted my husband to look at the room first but it was after 10pm I truly didn't care what it looked like just wanted my kids to rest.
The gentleman gave us a back room near the doggy area since we had our dog.
The room looked great and didn't smell!
The bathrooms were updated.
I only came across two issues. One there was a used ketchup packet that was on the floor tucked under the comforter. And the shower curtain obviously wasn't updated with the bathroom. It does fit clearer across and it had mold on it. Other than that we all rested really well. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

we just want to thank you for staying with us.we are sorry that ther was a few issues in your room and we do apologize for that.we hope that in the future that you will try us again and we will address the issue with housekeeping.