“Great friendly people and always helpful”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
“Great friendly people and always helpful”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Because of work I stay in the Virginia Beach area often and the staff at this hotel is always very helpful no matter what the time of day or the how busy they are
The staff really make this particular hotel special

• Stayed January 2013
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
The staff here will like to thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon so that we may continue to serve you in such an mannerable way,again we stay thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

As i check-in you are welcomed by the Front Desk Clerk and Owner i read a other review he speaks good of English to me, check-in time was no problem quick an fast. Going to my room Housekeeping welcomes you also, asking to u can they help you or need anything extra. I stay here from time to time the parking lots and area is very quiet not alot of traffic going on, very pleased with the rooms if so i wouldn't come here at all, I HATE A NASTY ROOM!!!! but always pleased, pet friendly. I had a problem with the room phone the houseman came right away overall i come back again...... Raquell

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
we will like to thank you for a wonderful response and we are very delighted that you enjoy staying with us and we hope to see you again soon,again thanks.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had a Fantastic Experience at Red Roof Inn Norfolk Airport Virginia Beach.
The Front Desk checked me in in 2 minutes, they were all very polite and made me feel very welcome. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Good Water pressure in the shower and the refrigerator, microwave were very convenient. The beds are super comfy. Das at the front desk offered me extra pillows. The housekeeping staff were very prompt in getting me clean towels each morning. The hotel managers are very helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Some face the pool and have a good view of the area. The rooms on the back ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

KnowIt was the best place for me to be. I was safe and were I need to be. I would tell my friends and family about the hotel. The rooms are clean big couldn't ask for anything better. I don't know what else I can say.

• Stayed December 2012
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for your response and we are so glad that we was able to make your stay comfortable.We will look forward to see you again in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2012

On a weekend trip to surf in Cape Hatteras, NC, we reserved a room at the Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport Red Roof Inn (#567). Arriving at 10:30 PM after a 9 hour drive from NY, this location was very convenient. Previously reserved a room w/my Preferred Member RediCard taking advantage of a free room promotional I recently received. Was provided the "last available room" and directed to the building furthest from the front desk. With only 3 cars parked on our side of the building, we wondered if the other guests were dining out or hadn't arrived yet so we doubted whether we had received the "last available room". Unpacked our boards, bags, placed our food in the refridgerator and showered, looking forward to a good night's sleep before reaching our destination the next morning. Turning down the bedspread revealed dirty, wrinkled sheets w/hair from the previous occupant(s) and filthy pillowcases! Called the front desk and received a return call from a manager 15 minutes later offering a different room - so much for the "last available room". By this time, we grabbed our sleeping bags and travel pillows from the van which we preferred to use instead of re-loading boards,bags and food to move to a different room.

Checking out the next morning, I left a message w/the front desk requesting the manager contact me to discuss our disappointment but never received a call.

Upon returning to NY, I contacted RediCard's Guest Services and was told I'd receive a reply within 5 days. Not receiving a reply within that timeframe, I called again and was told that the Virginai Beach property manager had stated (not to me) that the issue would be addressed with housekeeping.

Unfortunately, I feel that management at this location shunted us off to a little used or "short stay" room since I utilized the free room promotional. Poor oversight/management and a location I'll be sure to avoid at all costs in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence F
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
we are sorry that your stay was not comfortable but thank you for letting us know, and we will improve on our housekeeping issues.
KIN
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This accommodation was affordable, basic and adequate for an overnight stay. The room was clean, bathroom was also clean, the bed was basic. The grounds appeared to be well kept. The property was relatively large with no assistance with luggage and being given a room almost a block away from the front desk was therefore inconvenient considering the need to transfer accompanying luggage. The surrounding area seemed intimidating at night. I would therefore recommend a second floor room and company if you're a woman (however there is no elevator so muscle up). The front desk staff was a bit firm and cold but later on warmed up and turned out to be responsive and very helpful (so don't be misled by initial interaction). You get exactly what you pay for I believe.

Room Tip: Please avoid the ground floor and away from the roadside. However there are no elevators regarding a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your response.
Bournemouth
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pretty much everything was average. The price was OK, everything in the room worked. A lot of TV channels. It is looking dated but everything was clean. Could have used extra pillows and I have to agree with previous posters that you need to bring your own shampoo and the towels are small and like sandpaper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the survey and we will work on the linen to better serve you.