“Be Prepared To Pay TOO Much”

Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #57 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I guess I should not have been surprised at the high price. Anytime a motel is around a military base or air port the prices are always jacked up. We took a smoking room in order to get a king and having BEEN a smoker these rooms have never bothered me. The minute we opened the door to this room the odor was strong enough to knock you over. The motel management had obviously never spent a dime on air freshener. We went to the grocery store and bought a can of Lysol. In a few minutes you would not have known that this was a smoking room. All hotels I have stayed in before and had to get a smoking room at least used a good air deodorizer.. If you do not have your own shampoo make sure you ask for more when you check in. The little tiny bottles in the room are not enough for one person. Glad we had our own as the little bottles were not enough for my wife. Desk clerk says they just put out what the company sends them. Time for the manager to grow a pair about needs and how to clean a room. Very small TV out of the 70's. The very small towels are like sandpaper and aside from being too small a little fabric softener could go a long way. Over all Maximum prices for minimal service.

Room Tip: In most cases forget parking close to your room. We had to park half a building away each time whic...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your response.We are sorry that we didnot satisfy your expectations.Next time please give us chance to correct the problem.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed one night and it was horrible. The room smelled like a gym. My husband had to get tape to close the curtain,rod was broke and everyone that walked by could see in. There was black hair in shower,I went to store and bought bleach to clean tub myself.then as I'm showering I had to stand in water above my ankles.the carpet felt like some type of sticky stuff was on it so we wore socks and threw them out at checkout. I woke up with bites around my ankles and on my back, little red bumps. Air conditioner had an awful smell almost had to turn it off. You really do get what you pay for, next time I will pay more money and get a better room....and the bed was like sleeping on the floor and pillows were about 2 in. Thick...I woke up in so much pain from the bed and the bites and I had to drive 7 hrs home....that was the worst stay I have ever had anywhere!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a ground floor room, you can hear every car and the people outside. It started at 6 am...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rajul B, Manager at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

we are sorry that your stay was not comfortable,but we will try to improve on the housekeeping issues.If you would have brought this concern to our attention we would have been more than glad to take care of the problem.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Employees were friendly, room was clean, the pool was nice and did not have an overpowering chlorine smell that some of them do. Conveniently located close to restaurants and the highway. The only complaint I would have is the bed (lumpy springs), and the box spring cover was stained yellow. Would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your response.We greatly appreciate your business and we will see you soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room is nice and clean. Has a desk area and nice comfortable desk chair. Air is COLD! Fridge and Microwave is a Bonus. Very quiet comfortable stay. I would stay here again. WiFi is decent but I am sure if you get a room closer to the office it would be better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

thank you for your response and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This Red Roof Inn provided quality service for us. I was pleased with the room, ammenities, and the friendly staff. I would definitely stay here again, as it is also located close to several places. It was recommended by a friend to stay here and I am thankful.

• Stayed: August 2012
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your response and we are happy to know that you liked our place and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 3-day stay while attending a funeral in Virginia Beach. Location and price were the primary determinants of our selection of this motel and it's surprising how closely our experience matched an earlier review that called it an "average hotel." We didn't experience any major surprises, which is always a relief when trying a new place. The room was a decent size, the beds were acceptable, though not brand-new, and the sheets were clean. My wife was surprised that there was no hair dryer in the room, but one was available with a smile from the desk clerk. There was a small refrigerator in the room which kept our drinks cold. The towels were thin but acceptable, the hand soap tiny and the shampoo in those little packages. The wi-fi and A/C worked well and though we didn't turn on the TV, there was one with HBO in the room. "Breakfast" was a selection of Krispy Kreme donuts, juice, and coffee with that fake creamer. Luckily we requested a room in a quieter location as some friends who were staying elsewhere in the 2-building complex experienced a little late-night noise. In all, an O.K. experience and we saved some money compared to friends who stayed up the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

thank you for your response and we will see you in future.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is a good place to stay if you're passing through the area. The rooms are not great, but decent; free WiFi and a nice outdoor pool. It is close to I-64 and there are convenience stores and some restaurants close by. The a/c worked great as did the shower, etc. One of the lamps and the electrical plug attached to it didn't work, but I just used a different one. It's not the greatest place to stay, but for one or two nights it's acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Rajul B, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for your response and sorry for the inconvience.