Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
$311
Country Inn
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$270
ComfortSuites
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$254
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $282/night.

Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
$584
$369
$361
$339
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$270
$250
$356
$329
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
$219
ComfortInn
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$309
$411
$359
GardenInn.com
All reviewspancake machinefront deskfree breakfastyogurtbalcony doorstandard roomindoor poolocean viewacross the streetrooms face the oceanhot tuboff seasonbeach frontbeds were comfortablelate checkthe breakfast areafamily vacation
Reviewed August 7, 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel we knew we had made the right choice. The hotel was in excellent condition! The staff at the front desk greeted us as a family and provided assistance to our room. I am a single parent so I am so appreciative when help is offered without asking! Our room was in excellent condition. Room was clean and had an amazing view of the oceanfront. The free breakfast included something for even my pickiest child. Every staff member we met in the hotel greeted us and made sure that we were having a great time. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are on the ocean side- not a bad room in the entire hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Zachary B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Angie397,

Thank you so much for the five star review. We greatly enjoyed having you here with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We like to think we have one of the most accommodating staffs on the ocean front area. We do try to maintain our building to the best of our abilities and the breakfast is top class from a buffet standards. We were are excited that you will come back and visit us, and thank you for noting all out green features in the hotel, We do try to cut down on the emissions and waste that our hotels uses.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, and the service was excellent. And the perfect location, we say fireworks from the Oceanside balcony, and great morning breakfast. The only thing that sucked was the parking, there was not enough parking and there were cars without parking passes and I had to park across the road and pay $2.50 an hour until a spot became available.

• Stayed: July 2014
Zachary B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Mgskillz,

Thank you so much for the generous rating that you gave to us. We are glad you got to see the fireworks and the balcony is a great spot you don't even have to leave. The city of Virginia Beach does fireworks during the summer every Wed. and Sun. The balconies that we have, have a breathtaking view of the ocean no matter what floor you stay on. I am so sorry to hear about the parking issue you incurred, we are very diligent about not letting others park in our lots, however we do have three lots total and provide one complimentary space per room. In addition we do have 3 lots total for everyone to park in. Did you let the front desk know about this issue? I know I personally would have gone out there and found you a parking spot or even give up mine as most of the employees would as well. We are glad overall that you had a splendid time in our little area and we hope to see you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express in lovely Virginia Beach

Reviewed August 5, 2014

If want to take photos of breathtaking Atlantic ocean with fishing pier at one side, this is the place to stay. Gives you better view of morning sunrise and broadwalk at night. Love the breakfast with so many options in the morning. While I enjoy egg/omelet my 6 yr daughter enjoyed the pancake. Like the coffee as well (my life saver!). ;)

And before I forget something, I want to mention that my wife, daughter and I enjoyed the hot tub bath in swimming pool area they had. Awesome!

Staff in front-desk and cafeteria were very courteous when asked anything!

Enjoyed the trip!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the review. We do have one of the best sites to take photos down here in Virginia Beach, from the pier to Neptune's Statue. And you can't forget the colorful mermaids or dolphins either. The sunrise can be absolutely breath taking. My personal favorite is sitting down here in winter with a thing of hot chocolate and a blanket and watching the stars and listening to the waves crash. It is so peaceful and serene, and then getting to see the sun rise over the ocean will make your heart stop. We are so glad to hear that your daughter had a blast and enjoyed the pancakes. It is not everyday that you get to use a pancake machine. Our breakfast though free it rated pretty well among other hotels. We are glad you enjoyed you hot tub bath in the pool area, and the staff and myself strive to provide the best and hassle free environment for all our guest and try to accommodate everyone to the best of our abilities. We do hope you come stay again with us at the Holiday Inn Express in the lovely Virginia Beach.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express July 29th - August 2nd and had a blast at the Hilton. Check in was easy, and the front desk person at night was very nice and professional. He even gave us our choice of floors, so we were very happy. We picked floor six, and it perfect. Our room was clean and ready for us upon check in. The room was spacious and had a great ocean front view. The holiday inn express was located very close to shopping and restaurants. At the front desk they even had a flyer printed with some of the closest restaurants in the area. We went to a few of the recommended restaurants and they were great. The free continental breakfast at the hotel was very good. I enjoyed the selection of yogurts, cereals, pancakes, bacon, and eggs. The cinnamon buns were amazing! ( the OJ wasnt so great...but anyway not a big deal in my eyes.) I especially liked the fact that you could have breakfast outside on teh patio, it was very nice and relaxing. The coffee was very good and fresh as well. Parking at the hotel was free, but the main lot filled up fast. We often had to park at the lot one street over. This really was not a big deal for us, I was expecting worse. It was only about a 4 minute walk to the car and the lot seemed very safe and secure. The hotel had an indoor pool and indoor jacuzzi. The pool was clean and was open late, until 11 p.m. which I found convenient. I really wish they had an outdoor pool too. At the time of booking I didnt think that was an important factor in booking my hotel, but upon cruising the strip I saw a lot of nice looking outdoor pools, and think our family would have enjoyed using an outdoor pool. The housekeeping was a little slow. We were out all day, and upon returning to our room at 5 p.m. it still was not made up and cleaned. That was a little dissapointing. However they responded promptly to our requests for extra towels, etc. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The hotel was family friendly, clean, and efficient. I chose this hotel primarily for the location, free breakfast, free parking, and family friendly environment. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Zachary B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

JLStrong83,

I am so glad that you had a good time at our hotel. We do try to make out guest check in all inclusive, we want you to have much of a say as we do. We do not want to just assign you a room we want you to pick your room. Give you somewhat of a say in a sense. Our breakfast is usually top rated and raved about. The OJ on the other hand I will have to taste to see what you are speaking of. I always love pulling the taste test card. We do also have a gorgeous view of the ocean where you can enjoy any of your meals. Parking is always a headache, however it is free and we have everything within a block radius. At the mall I have to park so much further. An outdoor pool would have been lovely, but unfortunately when we were built they were included int he design plans, but as years pass you never know what is possible. You will be happy to know that we have noticed our housekeeping issues and we are addressing all of them and making changes to have better efficiency for our guest. We take guest request very seriously and we try to fulfill them to the best of our abilities and as fast as possible. I do hope you will come back and visit us and see what changes we make in the future. We have some fun new ideas that we are going to try to implement in the new future to better your stay experience.
Thank you so much for trusting the Holiday Inn Express with your vacation getaway.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here wuth my parents, sister and our children. We had ajoining rooms and every room has an ocean view, our rooms were clean the beds were comfortable and the beach was close, location was great for walking. The downfalls were the pool was small and cold (despite the water temp. It was packed), the parking was rough if you didn't get in the lot directly in front of the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy S
Zachary B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Amy S.

Thank you kindly for the four star review it is greatly appreciated. It warms me to here that you would stay at our hotel again. Down here in Virginia Beach we have a great view of the ocean and great shops and restaurants all around within walking distance. We are pleased to here that your stay was quite comfortable and that everything went well. I also want to thank you for the feedback you provided, I was not aware the pool was not heating, and thanks to your review and bringing it to my attention I have my Maintenance guy checking on the heating unit to see if it needs to be replaced. The other comment you made about parking is unfortunate, and it probably one of the biggest down sides, but any hotel that you go down to at the Oceanfront have the same parking decision as we do. We got lucky with ascertaining three lots with the first in front of the hotel as noted, the second a half block away, and the third being only a block away. Usually in resort areas the parking situation will be like this, but one thing we in Virginia Beach do that most do not, is that we give you parking for free.
I do sincerely hope you guys come and visit us again in the future and thank you for trusting us with your vacation getaway.