Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here wuth my parents, sister and our children. We had ajoining rooms and every room has an ocean view, our rooms were clean the beds were comfortable and the beach was close, location was great for walking. The downfalls were the pool was small and cold (despite the water temp. It was packed), the parking was rough if you didn't get in the lot directly in front of the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy S
Zachary B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Amy S.

Thank you kindly for the four star review it is greatly appreciated. It warms me to here that you would stay at our hotel again. Down here in Virginia Beach we have a great view of the ocean and great shops and restaurants all around within walking distance. We are pleased to here that your stay was quite comfortable and that everything went well. I also want to thank you for the feedback you provided, I was not aware the pool was not heating, and thanks to your review and bringing it to my attention I have my Maintenance guy checking on the heating unit to see if it needs to be replaced. The other comment you made about parking is unfortunate, and it probably one of the biggest down sides, but any hotel that you go down to at the Oceanfront have the same parking decision as we do. We got lucky with ascertaining three lots with the first in front of the hotel as noted, the second a half block away, and the third being only a block away. Usually in resort areas the parking situation will be like this, but one thing we in Virginia Beach do that most do not, is that we give you parking for free.
I do sincerely hope you guys come and visit us again in the future and thank you for trusting us with your vacation getaway.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

From the moment we checked in the staff was helpful, friendly, and courteous! Zachary at the front desk went out of his way to make sure our stay got off to a great start. His generosity is greatly appreciated!!!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank MLEloves2travel
Zachary B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

MLEloves2travel,

I want to thank you so kindly for the nice review and the five stars. We strive to make your vacation getaway as smooth as possible and as hassle free as we can within our limits. I want to thank you for being so kind and patient with us. Your kindness transcended the entire day especially for me. I am always willing to go out of my way to create ease for our guest. I hope the rest of your stay is as enjoyable as you expected, and if there is anything we can ever do please do not hesitate to contact me. As always we truly do appreciate your patronage by choosing the Holiday Inn Express Virginia Beach.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay so much that we will book at this hotel again! Jasmine at the front desk is awesome! She even recommended a great place for our family to eat that was great. She always had a smile and an answer for any question. Pete was her partner at the desk and was just as helpful. We have no complaints. Our stay was great!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ervenna A
Jimmy K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear ervben,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for 5 star review. We will make sure to share your kind comments with Jasmine & Pete. We will see you next your on your next beach vacation.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The front desk staff was absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. Ryan and zac, along with the other front desk staff, were extremely accommodating and even helped us out with finding nice places to eat. The free breakfast was great!! I've never been to a hotel that offered that. The ocean front rooms...WOW!!! I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and it's staff. I will definitely be back and also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank girlsvaca2014
Zachary B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

girlsvaca2014,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express, and thank you for the five star review. We here at the Holiday Inn Express try to make your stay not only comfortable, but an experience in itself when it comes to interaction with the staff. We are striving to give each guest an experience they will not get at any other hotel. Ryan and I were glad to have had you stayed and quite enjoyed your company and the enthusiasm you brought down each day.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating it was a pleasure to stay there with my family. Rooms were clean, breakfast was good, My family and I will definitely will come back. It was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Elevator take a little longer, be patient
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Jimmy K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Lorena G,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the great review. I'm happy to hear that your whole experience with our hotel was excellent. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you on your next trip to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the views spectacular, and immediate access to the beach.

Down sides:
Parking situation is a nightmare!
A/C in my first room wasn't working properly.. They switched me immediately.

They weren't able to check me in early I.e before 4pm. (Just a convenience issue). And, they did not upgrade me.. Again a just a preferential issue, I've been spoiled by all the other IHG hotels who upgrade me immediately once they see my reservation.

All in all I'd stay here again, though I may try the Holiday Inn down the street.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Scott H,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time and providing feedback about your recent stay. Thank you for the kind comments about your room cleanliness and how friendly our staff was. Parking is always an obstacle in a resort area, but the hotel does offer 3 different parking lots with the farthest one being only a block away. We hope the next time you visit Virginia Beach you would give our location a second chance.

JImmy

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family stayed there from July 18 through the 23 and had a great time. We arrived extremely late (11:30 pm) but our room was still there. Zac the front desk supervisor was extremely helpful with anything that we needed. We asked him for restaurant suggestions and he told us of ones that he enjoyed, and every one of them was a hit! When we would go down for our nightime coffee/tea he would ask about our day. He really made us feel welcomed! The hotel location is great, right in the middle of the boardwalk, but not too busy or loud. We were able to watch the fireworks (every Sunday&Wednesday) right from our balcony! The breakfast had many options, including some healthy (yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit). It has easy access to the beach and local restaurant & stores. I would definitely recommend this hotel! Zac helped make a great stay excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear gary c,

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the 5 star review. I will make sure to share your comments with Zac on his next shift. Can't wait to see you on your next beach vacation.