We were at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront this past weekend for a soccer tournament. Friday evening when everyone was arriving, and the hotel was packed, we went to the hotel restaurant (which was empty) only to find extremely poor service and food that would not have been worth eating even if we did not have to wait for a whole hour with only 1 other table in the entire place. To make things worse, with a full bar full, the bartender came around and dropped everyone's check at 9:30 and basically told us that the bar was closed. Her reason, "I have to be back here tomorrow at 4:00 AM to serve breakfast." The only saving grace to the whole weekend was the fact that the front desk staff was extremely helpful and accommodating despite having a ton of people in the hotel.
The brightest shining star in the establishment was a guy named Pauly that was working the bar on Saturday evening and the girl working in the restaurant (I am sorry but I did not get her name). Both of them were absolutely awesome. Pauly kept the bar open and served with a smile all night long. Never once did he tell us that he had to be there in the morning to serve breakfast, but guess what, when i went down for breakfast in the morning, he was there with the same smile.
We will be back next year the same time for the same tournament but if Pauly is not there, I guarantee you we will be spending our money somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn