The location is great and the view from the rooms can't be beat -- we watched the sunrise every morning from our balcony and several times left the sliding door open and feel asleep listening to the waves. The hotel itself was clean and well maintained and our rooms were good sized. Be aware though if you book through a discount or third-party travel site, the service will reflect that. We asked for extra coffee and creamer and were told no, they were reserved for "other guests". We also didn't get the extra little things like a welcome basket and newspaper. Considering the hotel was over $300 a night, I thought it was strange to exclude such small things. Now when I talk about this hotel, that's the first thing I'll remember to tell everyone (not on purpose but it just left such a bad impression). There was also one particular front desk attendant that was rude but the others were great. Even the maintenance staff were friendly.
I hesitated to book this hotel at first after reading all the reviews but found most of the bad things mentioned weren't an issue for us. As for the hallways being hot -- the reason for that is the back of the hotel which faces the road is all glass and the sun shines on it all afternoon. Of course it's going to get hot and who stays in the hallway for more than a minute or two? I will agree that the parking is annoying, but that's the case for every business in the area. There is so much crammed into such a small space. The hotel offers valet parking but they don't advertise or offer it -- you have to ask for it (at least we did). The one thing we really didn't like was the beds. If you like an extra hard mattress, you will not have an issue. We found them extremely uncomfortable and didn't sleep well the whole trip. The pillows were nice though. I did like the fact that they offer both soft and firm pillows. The jet noise from the nearby naval base can get quite loud at times but it's not constant and not something I would complain about anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn