Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Martinsville, Virginia
“Great stay!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked this hotel a couple of weeks ago. After doing so, I read some reviews that made me a little nervous. Thankfully, I kept my reservations & stayed there. The rooms was clean, great location & oceanfront view of the beach & boardwalk. Staff was most helpful, friendly & greeted you with a smile. Others had complained about housekeeping, we had none of those problems & believe me I'm a clean freak:) Their parking lot is small but others made it sound like the other parking areas were far off, that was not the case, across the street. If you're expecting a 5 star resort, then perhaps you shouldn't stay here, but if you want a great place to stay that isn't outrageous in price, then this is definitely the place. Looking forward to our next trip to VA beach & Holiday Inn @ 2607!! I'm not saying others exaggerated but all I can say is we were extremely pleased. Almost forgot, breakfast was also very good with variety of choices & lots of seating. Pool & hot tub small but very enjoyable & pool towels plentiful

• 5 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting the great 4 Star review. I am glad to hear that the Team here made your stay memorable and that you are already planning to come back.

As we get into late August and September, we will be offering some great rates, so make your plans early and get a great hotel at a great price.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Doug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff were all very friendly and accomodating. From the front desk to housekeeping. Very professional. From questions at the front desk about nearby attractions to asking for towels from housekeeping. They Always took time to listen and answer questions. Our tv was tiling the first night and as soon as we mentioned it they fixed it immediately. Everyone who worked there were smiling and friendly. The pool was a delight to our children aged 8, 10 &11. The hotel provides pool towels and they are always kept stocked and the used ones taken away. I even saw the pool man checking the water ph. The facility was nice and clean. The breakfast area was super clean, as was the pool, the elevators and the room. Housekeeping did a wonderful job of cleaning our room and restocking towels everyday. They gave us extra towels and soft pillows when we asked and we didn't have to wait. They have a choice of soft or firm pillows which is awesome! The breakfast which is included was very nice. The food was always restocked when it was out by the kitchen employees who also happened to be very friendly and accomodating. There was something for everyone. Although I did wish there was fresh fruit, such as cut up cantaloupe, watermelon, pinapples, strawberries and apples, oranges and bananas. A few days we saw some bananas and an orange but they were quickly gone and not restocked. The views from the room were stellar. The location perfect. Our room didn't come with a microwave but when I asked if it did they brought one right up! All rooms come with a fridge. I had a bad experience last year in Ocean City, needless to say I inspected every inch of our room before allowing our things to be put down. Checked every mattress for bed bugs, every drawer for anything gross. Found nothing. The room Was very clean. The air conditioning worked very well. The balcony was so nice. We were on the 8th floor and saw fireworks from our balcony 2 nights!!! We had jo issues with parking in the front parking lot. ThisWe even left to drive to the aquarium and came back to a better parking spot than we had before! This trip was wonderful because of this hotel. Virginia Beach is very family friendly and has all kinds of things to do and see. I am recommending this hotel to all my friends and family who wants to go to Virginia Beach.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank greenvegansara
Wow, it sounds like you had a great time staying with us. Thank you for your business, and thank you for this wonderful 5 Star review. I am so happy to hear that the Team here took care of you and was able to quickly meet your needs.

I hope that you, and your friends and family will come back soon for another visit. We have already rolled out some great rates for late August and September, and the water and weather are still beautiful that time of year.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you back here soon.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The room was very good for a beach front property. We stayed in a suite which gave us both a view of the beach as well as a view of the boardwalk. The staff was friendly and attentive. The location was convenient to many things. We'd definitely stay here again!

• 4 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for the great 4 Star Review, and thank you for staying with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are very busy in the summer, but we try to make every guest's experience a great one.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us again. Thank you

Kensington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Both of my stays at this hotel have been simply magical -- friendly staff, clean and nicely decorated rooms, all the amenities (including a free and extensive hot and cold breakfast buffet), and a location second to none. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us, and thanks so much for the wonderful 5 Star Review. I am very happy to hear that the team here made both of your visits memorable.

Our breakfast is very good, and the location is second to none. I hope that you saw the dolphins swim by, we see them almost every day.

I hope that you will come back again soon, thank you again

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on July 4 through that weekend. There was a giant crowd during this time (as is to be expected), but everything went smoothly for the most part. We were lucky to find a parking place in front of the hotel (if you get one, walk everywhere and don't move your car!) and the hotel is situated conveniently on the boardwalk.
The only drawback is that on the second day of our stay, our room still wasn't cleaned by 2:00, when I went back to the room to put our 2 year old down for a nap; we had been out of the room since 8:00AM. When I called the front desk, the young lady was a bit snappy, saying that housekeeping worked until 5pm and our room would be cleaned at least by that time. Not good, especially when you have young children/elderly who need to rest midday.

1 Thank R D
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.

I am sorry that your room was not cleaned by 2 PM when you wanted to put your baby down for a nap. We try to get all of the rooms cleaned as quickly as possible, and also have rooms ready for new arrivals. It is a delicate balance. We always try to meet special requests, so if you know that you will be back at 2, please let us know (at this hotel, or any hotel) in the morning and we will be sure that your room is ready upon your return. I apologize if the Front Desk agent was not gracious to you when you called.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you here again soon.

N Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed there on a Sunday.
Room looked over the ocean.
Room was clean.
Balcony was awesome.

Breakfast okay.
There was a smoker next to us on our balcony, no smoking floor, which bothered us, but not their fault.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting a 4 star review. I am sorry that another guest disturbed you by smoking. I hope that you reported it to the team here. We take our no-smoking policy seriously, and will try our best to prevent guests from smoking anywhere in the building.

The view from the balcony is fabulous, I am so glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you again, and I hope that you will return soon and stay with us again. Our special hot cinnamon rolls will be here for your next visit.

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I were vacationing from Ohio, first let me start by saying that the long trip made us irritable and cranky, it was hot we were tired and honestly did not want to wait long to get to our room, shower and go to sleep. We did not have time to even look at the beach area. There was no close by parking, traffic was awful and it was just crowded in the street. However, my wife and I walked through the front door of the lobby and the first person to greet us with a smile was who we thought was just a greeter, but actually turned out to be the maintenance guy Antonio We didnt smile much due to a frustrating trip(we did apologize to everyone later on) but we had to laugh when he said " I've been waiting for you guys all day! and gave us a big cheshire cat smile. Now I must say that the service from then on was excellent. Anna checked us in and she was very helpful and patient, we had an issue with our reservation but it was all made better very quickly. The breakfast, the view outside our room, the fireworks for fourth of july...just awesome. The cleanliness of the room was so fresh and well kept. It was our anniversary and it was awesome due to a staff that seemed genuinely concerned about our needs. We would have stayed longer if finances permitted it, but we will be back next season for sure. Thanks for turning a long hot, frustrating trip into a wonderful time for my wife and I.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nathaniel c
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the great 5 Star Review. I am so glad that you let me know of the great service my team provided to you and your wife. I am glad to hear that they are truly taking care of our guests.

Being able to watch the fireworks over the ocean from your own private balcony is a real treat, I am glad you had the chance to enjoy that. Our complimentary hot breakfast served every day is always a hit, and the breakfast room has a wonderful view as well.

Thank you again, we look forward to your visit next summer, and Happy Anniversary!!!