Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

its a great hotel with a good location clean rooms great view from every room.
the staff were wonderful and went the extra mile to make my wife's stay more wonderful
it was her birthday and the staff had done a birthday card and a bag with some treats in for her in the room when we arrived.
i would stay there again a good hotel

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for posting your review. I am glad to hear that we met all of your needs, and were able to make your wife's visit special. The Team here is focused on exceeding our guest's expectations, and I am glad that she was happy.

I hope that you will return and stay with us again, and will recommend our hotel to your family and friends.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Woodstock, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in town for a wedding, so we were looking for somewhere not too expensive but right on the beach. This Holiday Inn Express fit the bill - a good price, and every room was oceanfront. We got to the hotel a little early and checked in with no fuss or waiting; our room (by our request at check-in) was on the 10th floor. As soon as we got to the room, the first thing we did was go out on the balcony - and the view was marvelous! You could see all the way down the beach in both directions and out to the horizon across the ocean. Perfect! We had a minor problem with the refrigerator leaking, but I let the front desk know before we went out to dinner and the issue was fixed by the time we got to the room later that evening - when something is resolved that quickly, I hesitate to even call it a problem!

Our room was very clean, no dust or dirt anywhere - both the beds had clean sheets on them, and were very comfortable (by the way, I like the "soft" and "firm" pillow options - I didn't know Holiday Inn did that).

The beach access was the best part - we spent plenty of time laying in the sun, and we especially enjoyed the shower right outside the hotel to rinse off the sand and saltwater. In the mornings, a full breakfast was available downstairs which was very nice. Eggs, pancakes, omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits, the works! Not just your regular cereal, room temperature milk and a bagel sort of breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in VA Beach - book early and you'll get a great rate!

3 Thank jmuduke14
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your great review. I am thrilled to hear that you had a terrific weekend with us, and hope that you will return soon for another visit.

As you noted, every room has a full oceanfront view and a private balcony. The views are wonderful, and I hope you woke up early one morning to watch the sun rise from the sea.

Our housekeeping team has put in a lot of work to make sure that all of our rooms are clean and fresh, they will be glad to hear that you were completely satisfied.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room was clean, view was great, and despite the large number of people staying in the hotel for the weekend (sand soccer tournament), the staff was pleasant. The young men working at breakfast did a terrific job keeping everything filled. Will stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank marmess1
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to satisfy your party. Yes, the Sand Soccer is always a busy weekend, but what great entertainment right outside your private balcony?

I hope that you will come back and visit again. Remember that the fall is beautiful here and generally less crowded.

Thank you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I do not give "excellent" or "superior" on any rating, however, this facility went above and beyond the call of duty. This level of service and commitment to their customers comes from the top down. It was apparent by the quality of service and care that was extended to my family. My family was ill pretty much the entire stay (nothing hotel related  ). The staff was more than accommodating. They were empowered to assist me with my needs on the spot and without hesitation. It made an unpleasant situation much more manageable. THANK YOU ALL!

The facility was new, clean, and easily accessible to the beach. Staffs were friendly and willing to answer questions even when it wasn't their job. Great breakfast and near other attractions and food venues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and on the 3rd floor up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your great review. I am very sorry that your family was not well during your stay, but we try to make everyone welcome and to help people in need. I am glad that we were able to assist you, and I hope that everyone is back to full strength.

We all hope to see you again for a visit that you can really enjoy, and we hope that you will return soon.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We accidentally booked this hotel, instead of the Holiday Inn North Beach (which is a resort). So I was pretty confused when we got here... however I will try to give it an honest review b/c that was not their fault!
We got in late, around 9pm. There was no where to park. There really were not even any temporary spots (like 15 minute limit) to unload. We checked in and got an upper level room (which was requested and honored). The room seemed clean, even tho it was very warm and the A/C never did work very well. If it had been any hotter we probably would have had to switch rooms, however since we were all so tired I said we would deal (they offered to send maintenance up but this was not going to be a quick fix so I said No thank you.).
There was a kids move (the Lion King) playing on the beach, which is a fun family idea, but while we were excited our room was oceanfront (RIGHT on the beach! yay!) The movie was SO loud that from the top (10th) floor we could hear it w/ our balcony door closed and the a/c on. So no nice waves to enjoy until maybe after 10 when the movie ended.
We popped open the couch bed for the kids, and all the old dirty covers were smashed in there. I removed them and found an extra sheet in the closet, and called for new blankets (which were brought quickly). The bathroom was clean, but there was no soap at all, and no toiletries of any kind. Housekeeping made another trip up with those. The carpet seemed kind of damp (something i've experienced in cheap Florida beach hotels as well).
We walked around to check out the hotel and aside from the breakfast area, there is a small indoor pool and that's all. They did provide a shower for washing off after the beach. It's right on the boardwalk and the beach is very nice.
We decided before we even went to sleep to cancel our next few nights and book at the Holiday Inn on 39th street (the North Beach resort). They were helpful in making sure i would not be charged for the remaining nights and checkout was pretty easy.
The kids enjoyed breakfast, it was very busy. Waffles, sausage, cereal, cinnamon buns, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. It was a lot of food. Nice to see the ocean while you ate. Overall everyone was helpful and the price for a weeknight stay was good. For just a little more $ tho you can get a lot more in Virginia beach.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront, which is great. Remember the sun will rise right into your room, but the c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

It certainly sounds as if you had an unusual number of problems (primarily that we did not clean your room properly before your arrival) and I am very sorry. That is not the usual standard here and I want to ensure that does not happen again.

Will you please contact me directly to provide more details of your stay? I want to ensure that you are satisfied, and clearly when you left here you were not. The movies on the beach are done by the City, and I am sorry if they disturbed you.

I hope to hear from you soon, and again please accept my sincere apologies.

Pen Argyl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Even though the hotel is undergoing some type of renovation we were well pleased. The Oceanfront Suite was very very nice. The staff was very courteous and polite and helpful. Also very congenial. The only small problem appeared to be with the AC...when lowering the temperature, it does not appear as though the temperature in the suite would come down to desired temperature. Would recommend to anyone and may go back again next year.

Room Tip: No real tip, simply request an ocean front suite with sink , fridge and microwave...sort of like a l...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us, and thanks for writing a nice review. We completed most of our renovations this winter, during the slow time. In mid-May we had all of the bathtubs resurfaced, but that project was completed in 5 days. Perhaps you stayed during that time, and if so I hope that you were not inconvenienced.

Please contact me directly to let me know which suite you were in so that we can check the A/C Unit. The suites are very nice, and ideal for families with the firdge and microwave.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you back here soon.

North Woodstock, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

For the last night of our road trip we booked at the Holiday Inn Express right on Atlantic Ave on the ocean at Virginia Beach. While the hotel may not have a fancy restaurant, and the indoor pool was quite small, for the money it was a very good hotel. Clean, courteous staff, let us check in early, ocean front location- all rooms have balconies that overlook the boardwalk, you really can't go wrong, and I love how the HIE wrap their blankets in sheet covers and use top quality bedding and pillows! . We will be leaving early, so can't report on the breakfast, as it starts at 6:30 am, which frankly if we didn't have a 12 drive would be plenty early enough!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerHIExp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear that we were able to satisfy you and your family, and I certainly hope you will return and stay with us again.

Too bad that you could not stay for our Express Start Hot Breakfast, free to every guest, but I understand the long trip ahead.

Hope to see you here soon, and thank you again