We accidentally booked this hotel, instead of the Holiday Inn North Beach (which is a resort). So I was pretty confused when we got here... however I will try to give it an honest review b/c that was not their fault!
We got in late, around 9pm. There was no where to park. There really were not even any temporary spots (like 15 minute limit) to unload. We checked in and got an upper level room (which was requested and honored). The room seemed clean, even tho it was very warm and the A/C never did work very well. If it had been any hotter we probably would have had to switch rooms, however since we were all so tired I said we would deal (they offered to send maintenance up but this was not going to be a quick fix so I said No thank you.).
There was a kids move (the Lion King) playing on the beach, which is a fun family idea, but while we were excited our room was oceanfront (RIGHT on the beach! yay!) The movie was SO loud that from the top (10th) floor we could hear it w/ our balcony door closed and the a/c on. So no nice waves to enjoy until maybe after 10 when the movie ended.
We popped open the couch bed for the kids, and all the old dirty covers were smashed in there. I removed them and found an extra sheet in the closet, and called for new blankets (which were brought quickly). The bathroom was clean, but there was no soap at all, and no toiletries of any kind. Housekeeping made another trip up with those. The carpet seemed kind of damp (something i've experienced in cheap Florida beach hotels as well).
We walked around to check out the hotel and aside from the breakfast area, there is a small indoor pool and that's all. They did provide a shower for washing off after the beach. It's right on the boardwalk and the beach is very nice.
We decided before we even went to sleep to cancel our next few nights and book at the Holiday Inn on 39th street (the North Beach resort). They were helpful in making sure i would not be charged for the remaining nights and checkout was pretty easy.
The kids enjoyed breakfast, it was very busy. Waffles, sausage, cereal, cinnamon buns, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, etc. It was a lot of food. Nice to see the ocean while you ate. Overall everyone was helpful and the price for a weeknight stay was good. For just a little more $ tho you can get a lot more in Virginia beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn