I like to think I am not a 'difficult' customer. I work in the service industry and understand how, no matter how hard you try, cannot make certain customers happy. It took a lot for me to write this review but I hope it will help someone else avoid a disappointing stay at this hotel.
My family and I travel travel to Va beach at least every couple of years and thought we knew what hotels to avoid. We never minded paying a little more to ensure we book clean accomodations with professional service. We never thought a staple name, in the hotel industry, like Holiday Inn would be so poorely managed. In this case, it was the Holiday Inn Express on 26th Street.
Let's start at the beginning: We checked in and upon our ritualistic checkover of the room, we found the bathroom had hair on the floor, the tub looked like it had not been thoroughly cleaned and towels were randomly laying in places you wouldn't expect. The bed sheets had spots, and hair on them as well, and the floor didn't appear to be vacuumed. We promptly asked the front desk if housekeeping could come back and clean while we took in the beach for a couple of hours. It was decided that they would just offer us another room.
The next room was better and we decided we could make this one work. All seemed okay at this point but we were so wrong... I attempted to sign into the Internet to find out that connection did not work (However, it did connect several hours later). I called and asked if I was doing something wrong and the front desk said it sounded like it wasn't me and would contact "maintenance" about it. I never received any follow-up and discovered it was working on my own.
My son (who was looking forward to the indoor pool) decided to take a dip around 8pm that night and instantly got back out due to the water being so cold that it had him trembling.
By this time we were ready to just shower and call it a night but nooo....after getting into the shower we were looking for washcloths but couldn't find. I go back downstairs (again) to be informed that housekeeping "...did not wash the washcloths, so you will need to use hand towels". Really? I'm thinking if you know this, then what is your alternative? Again, all they could recommend was using big -- hand towels!
Of course, there is no manager available until morning. I thought an establishment of this size would have a "shift manager" available. So we are awaiting to see if we can pay for the one night and be reimbursed for the remaining 2 nights we prepaid for online. I don't expect this to happen but I'm gonna remain optmistic that rationale will prevail.
Sorry to have to write this but this has been a true disappointment for me and my family. I hope Holiday Inn management will read this and make some much needed changes to this facility.
The only reason for the 2 star rating rather than a 1 is because of guy named "Milton" who worked the entire time we were there (utility person). He seemed to be the only one who truly cared about making us comfortable. Thanks Milton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay with us at the new Holiday Inn Express and experience the same great service you have come to love when staying at the Oceanfront. Our upbeat decor and interior enhancements with remodeled guest rooms and public spaces will impress the whole family. We are now a 100% smoke-free hotel. The name may be Holiday Inn Express but your vacation will be at your own pace at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. At the Holiday Inn Express, we make your family vacation accommodations our number one priority with friendly customer service, direct beach and boardwalk access, and complimentary continental breakfast served to all of our guests. For fitness and relaxation, visit our year-round indoor swimming pool, whirlpool spa, and fitness room. All of our guest rooms include a complimentary continental breakfast and have a private balcony with a full oceanfront view of the beach and boardwalk, mini-refrigerator, hair dryers, coffee makers and free high-speed Internet access. Conveniently located in the center of the Virginia Beach resort area, there are many local attractions nearby such as the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier, Virginia Beach Amphitheater, 11 golf courses, parasailing, bicycle and boat rentals, Virginia Aquarium, and the Virginia Beach Convention Center.Enjoy the service and experience of an oceanfront resort hotel with all of the amenities you expect from a Holiday Inn at Virginia Beach's Holiday Inn Express(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Beach
- Holiday Inn Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Holiday Inn