“A definite recommend.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bronx, New York
“A definite recommend.”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We arrived about 1 pm and was told by the sweet young lady at the front desk that check in was at 4pm but if we waited around, a room may become ready sooner. We went across the street to "Georges" and had a very nice lunch. When we returned to the hotel I was told that a suite (which we had reserved) was ready. THe check in was fast and problem free. The suites are at the corners of the hotel and very large. There's a short hallway between the bedroom and the living area so my granddaughter was able to go to sleep without us having to be too quiet. All rooms had balconies on the ocean so the view was great, could watch the dolpins every morning. My husband and I vacationed with our grown daughter, and our son and granddaughter from NC and there was room for all of us in the suite. The complimentary hot and cold breakfast was great! There were plenty of tables inside and a few outside as well. We found all the staff to be very helpful if needed. The hotel was clean and inviting. The only negative we encounted was the parking. There was only space for one vehicle per room so my son had to park his car in an overnight parking garage about 3 blocks away for $7 per night. It did not, however, cause a problem fo us. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
26thstreet, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
We are happy you enjoyed your last stay with us. We try to make every experience the best it can be. Our suites are some of the best on the Oceanfront, and I believe you made the best choice on your room type. We would love to see you come back to the area and use us again. Return customers are very important to us on the Oceanfront. Anything that we can do to make your next stay special, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Adam D. Whittemore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel is so bad that I am foregoing the free horendous breakfast (toaster is broken, food looks like it has been sitting there all night) to write this review. We got here on Saturday. We were supposedly booked into the wrong room a regular room instead of a suite. So we ended up having to buy two rooms for the night. Unbelievable. The front office staff is the most nasty unhelpful I have ever met. But we were lucky. While I was waiting several people came in who were told that their reservations had been cancelled but they knew nothing about it.
We finally got in a one bedroom suite for the second night (although the front desk clerk told me there was no door separating the bedroom from the living room). Of course there was but it is kinid of unbelievable that she didn't know that. I requested three pillows. I got two pillows and a blanket. The air was not working in the room. I went to the front desk they said they sent someone up to fix it when we came back. Guess what hot air was blowing in the bathroom and it never got below 78 in the room. Do yourself a favor. Stay anywhere in Virginia Beach but here. Cathy L

2 Thank CathyL123
26thstreet, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention. I greatly apologize for the issues you suffered during your most recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Virginia Beach. I understand this was a very frustrating experience for you, and will use your comments to further the staff's training.

Once again, thank you for taking your personal time to inform our management team of your concerns in order for us to continue developing our staff and product. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Virginia as we wish to improve our services to you.

Adam Whittemore
Canton, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2011

In my many hours of searching for a reasonably priced hotel, I finally came across this one on 'cheapostay.com'. It said all the rooms were oceanfront, which I didn't believe at first. But, when we go to the hotel, this was actually true. The room was nice and we had a great view. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The only downside was the pool and hot tub are a bit smaller than what the pictures show. But, that didn't really matter to my 2 year old!! I would definitely stay here again!!

1 Thank davidnashley5
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Virginia Beach for your most recent visit to Virginia Beach. We hope you decide to use us again in the near future, and would look forward to again serving your lodging needs.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express was just wonderful. We were treated so well by ALL of the staff. Our greeting was sincere, our room was ready on time. The front desk attendent called us within the hour of our arrival to see if everything was OK. The decor of our room was bright and cheery and clean. The landscaping was beautiful..our oceanfronnpatio was nice.
The bathroom was spacious with plenty of towels, plus it was clean.
The maid service was good.. She was a sweet woman who made you feel welcome. We appreciated her hard work..
Sorry to say the breakfast wasn't so hot, but that's OK.. everything else was excellent..
we were able to leave our car in the parking lot the whole trip and just ride the Wave, bus service..When asked for an extra hour before check-out, as a priority club member, that is allowed and we were also able to run to the gift shop across the street before departing VA beach and leave our car in the lot ... but we had to move before the next check in... but that helped when picking up last minute things in Virginia Beach.
We will be sure to come back... thanks so much to all the great staff there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your kind words on your last visit to Virginia Beach. Our staff strives to make every guest’s stay the very best it can be. Please give us a call when booking your next stay in the area, so that we may take care of you. I will personally distribute your kind words to our staff.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

My wife & I stayed, & we had a great time. Service was great, also you can't beat the full breakfast!
** It is a non smoking hotel even on balcony** Other than that I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2011
26thstreet, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for all your great comments on your last stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We hope; and look foward to, seeing you again in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Checked in for Memorial Day weekend and had a faulty AC unit. Reported it the next morning and we had a replacement unit installed in less than an hour! The rooms look just like the pictures and the value was great. Parking was included, it's right on the boardwalk and a pleasant walk to shopping, local and fine dining. i will definitely stay there again when heading to VA Beach.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel's website directly
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments on your most recent say at The Holiday Inn Express Virginia Beach. We pride ourselves in our quick responsiveness to our guest’s needs. I am glad to hear that your stay was up to your expectations. We will definitely look forward to your visit in the future, and appreciate your business.

Adam Whittemore
Western KY
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Holiday Inn Express, 2607 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA
Thank goodness I was reimbursed by my employer for my stay here. What a disappointment. While the view of the beach from my balcony was amazing, there were problems. I would not stay here again,and I'm not a terribly picky person.
There was black mold along the inside lip of the sink...standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, you could see it in the reflection. Gross.
The door handle on the patio door came off in my Husband's hand, they did fix it the same night. The maintenance gentleman was one of the 4 nicest people we met. The young woman "Bee" at the front desk was rude about the internet not working and insisted it was our computer. We checked in on Sunday, the internet didn't work until Wednesday, we left on Friday. Room service didn't come in and change our trash until Thursday. We had to ask for towels and I ended up putting the trash bags (over full) outside our door on Wednesday. I think that's why they came Thursday. The breakfast assistant people were rude on Monday (2 white girls) but the other ladies were super nice and friendly at breakfast. Breakfast was good, but not good enough for me to come back given the other problems were crazy. I think the black mold and no room service did it for me. I will stay at the Holiday Inn at the end of the street (3600?) next time if we attend this conference again. The booming bass at some kind of event behind the hotel was awful for 2 nights. Thank goodness it was gone after that.

Room Tip: I booked 3 times because the price kept dropping.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jennfior
Upon receiving your written concerns, I thank you for informing management immediately of this situation as I commit to you this is not the norm for our hotel. This letter serves as my sincere apologies as our goal is to make your stay memorable and relaxing for you. I commit to you to use your experience for training purposes so that issues and similar issues will not be repeated. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Virginia as we wish to improve our services to you.