“Just not my cupcake”
Review of Just Cupcakes - CLOSED

Just Cupcakes
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I tried this shop as I wanted to have cupcakes at an upcoming party and wanted to sample some flavors. When I called the shop, I learned that the way to sample flavors for a party was to pay $40 for a tasting. The only other option for tasting individual flavors was to wait for the "flavors of the day" to come out and go to the shop each time to purchase those flavors when they were available in the shop. This process was inconvenient for me so I decided to just purchase a number of flavors that were on hand the day I was able to make it to the shop.

My husband and I tasted four different flavors and we both agreed that the cake portion was dry and flavorless, that the only moisture and flavor came from the frosting. Based on this, I don't recommend this shop and their cupcakes.

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the best Cupcakery in the area. They have good flavor, great service, and support local businesses. You can customize special cupcakes for birthdays or parties. I have never had a bad cupcake there. All the ingredients are high quality and much better than the rest.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've tried this cupcakery a few times, which means they aren't bad enough to try only once, but having been to a number of cupcake shops throughout the U.S., I would say that they are quite far from the best cupcake I've ever had. After trying it three different times, it's safe to say I won't again. Their cupcakes are small and dry, very, very dry. They don't actually taste bad, but they don't knock your sweet tooth loose either ;-) Each time I've visited I've felt exactly the same way so I feel I've given them a pretty fair try. Their customer service is usually pretty good. If only they would add a little moisture to their cupcakes (and maybe an extra spoonful of batter), they could leave their customers much better satisfied.

1  Thank MakingMemories317
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took my four yr old son here yesterday to get a treat. He ordered the birthday cupcake and I ordered the triple chocolate, and the peanut butter cupcake. My son's bday cupcake was tasty, my pb cupcake was good but the cake part could have been moister. I had the triple chocolate cupcake today and it was very moist and delicious.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Toppings were good. Cupcakes weren't fresh and soft. If you think you are going to get something amazing like you see on Food Network, you are wrong. $2 per cupcake won't break the bank, but you won't be thrilled at all.