“Stuffed ourselves silly because everything was so yummy!”

Citrus Breakfast and Lunch
Ranked #4 of 1,435 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Stuffed ourselves silly because everything was so yummy!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went here for the first time while spending the weekend in VA Beach visiting some friends. We were smart and went on a Monday morning - we'd heard about the weekend crush. We didn't have to wait for a table at all (tip: go on a weekday morning!). We tried several things and everything was divine. Yes, I said divine - better than really good. The mango croissants were probably the biggest hit, but I loved my pumpkin pancakes - probably the best pumpkin pancakes I've ever had.

If you're in the VA Beach area, skip the usual breakfast places, splurge a bit and check out Citrus (but - again - go on a weekday)!

• Visited August 2013

Conover, North Carolina
“The crowds are here for a reason.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great selection, from 6.00 basic, to high end specialties...service exceptional.. due to crowds it is busy, not for a quiet intimate dining..

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Great breakfast, fresh inventive menu”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went for the first time with family for a great breakfast experience. A 15 minute wait, difficult parking, but once you are in, all is good. We all shared the citrus pancakes and the potato pancakes; they were delicious. We also ordered the eggs benedict with lump crab which was great. The regular plain pancakes were likely the best we ever had, the french toast was wonderful. The whole wheat carrot cake pancakes were a bit dry and had too much spice seasoning for our taste, it overpowered the carrot cake, but it was the only disappointing item. All fruit was fresh and flavorful, definitely worth a return trip.

1 Thank Vintagebydesign
B, Florida
“Worth the wait on Sunday”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went because of Triple D not considering the fact it was Sunday. When we saw all the cars, we thought this was a useless endeavor, but we found a parking spot anyway. If not using the valet, be careful of where you park. We were told they will tow. Guess the surrounding merchants don't appreciate the crowds at Citrus. Put our name on the list and headed back to the bar in the "inside courtyard". The bartender was incredibly friendly and the mimosa and bloody mary excellent. We sipped and people watched and in a short time, we went to our table. The server was very cheery in spite of the crush of people. I was torn in my choice of pancakes and the server recommended the pumpkin with the pecan glaze (served on the side)Boy was she right. Best pancakes I've ever had. AND they came with 2 eggs any style and bacon. What a deal. Honey's omlette was generous and tasty. Wish we lived in Virginia Beach so we could go all the time

Stephens City, Virginia
“Yummy orange glaze!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My friend and I had heard about Citrus on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. We checked it out and I was very pleased. The staff was super friendly. The restaurant looked clean and up to date. The food was soo good. I got the pancakes with orange glaze topped with bananas and pineapple. I would highly recommend Citrus if your looking for a yummy, decently priced meal!