“Good Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had fish tacos and chicken tacos. Chix were $1.50 for happy hour on a Wednesday! Food was awesome. Service was as good as possible. The Server had the entire section we were sitting in(maybe 10 tables). He was flying all over and kept it together very well. But that many tables can be challenging. I was wondering where his backup was, because he was swamped. Besides that we'll be back, the food stands by itself. Shhh,shhhh, don't tell anybody.

1  Thank 4andaposthole
There are newer reviews for Side Street Cantina

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Side Street is one of those rare finds in a tourist town where you'll find a good mix of tourists and locals. Tourists will love the familiar dishes and wall mural by local artists while the regulars know Side Street for its night life. You'll have to stop in on a weekend to hear a band or DJ Aetgy but if you're nearby on a Friday or Saturday night you're in for a great night life atmosphere.

As far as service is concerned, they can sometimes be slow with larger groups but are very helpful and quick to follow up if you get their attention. The drinks are good - nothing special - but they do make good margaritas, pina coladas, etc. in true Mexican fashion. Their tuna tacos can be a little fishy but everything else I've had on the menu was excellent. Also, they have great happy hour specials so it's worth getting there a little early to take advantage of $1.50 tacos and $5 margaritas!

I read other reviews that mentioned Side Street needing a makeover and I'm happy to report that they recently replaced their carpets and flooring so everything is nice and clean!

1  Thank Meghan748
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are visiting va. Beach for the first time and researched a bit ahead of time and purchased 4 groupons - 2 for side street cantina. Went there tonight, it wasn't overly busy but it is early on a Monday in the off season. I am always concerned how the service will be when we have a groupon and need to announce it in advance (as I'm sure some folks dont tip appopriately when using a groupon), but our service was fantastic. Our server was extremely attentive on the water and soda refills. She even brought us fresh chips 3 times! The BBQ bacon shrimp appetizer was fantastic. My enchilada platter was average. My husband and our oldest split a dinner for two which was steak chicken sausage and shrimp in a stone pot with an amazing cheese sauce and rice and beans. They didn't come close to finishing it but sure tried. Overall, the food was average to excellent depending on the dish, and the service was great. With the groupon it was a fantastic value, we will return this week to use our 2nd groupon. Ps. The groupon was an awesome deal even with our youngest ordering the hot dog and fries kids meal at 5.50... But he was happy...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Best cerveche anywhere according to my wife, who orders it every time we go(over 10 times).I like the Caifiornia Burrito, which has a little bit of everything Mexican in it. Most times we go it is not crowded, which we like, but last time on a Friday night, it was packed at the bar and overflowing into the dining rooom. That didn't boither me, but some would mind. Always dependable, always predictably good.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Chips and salsa were good. We also ordered guacamole was also tasty. My husband had chicken fajitas. It was a nice serving and tasted good. I had tortilla soup. This had lots of chicken breast and was very good. We were there for a late lunch and the only ones in the restaurant so they waiter was very attentive. The restaurant was very dark and could be cleaner or updated. The restroom was not as clean as I would like. This is why the average rating.

2  Thank Dennancy