“Dolphin Eco-Kayak tour”
Review of Chesapean Outdoors

Chesapean Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak Dolphin Tours * Kayak State Park Tours * Bike Tours *Surf Lessons * Kayak RentalsFounded in 1996 as Chesapean Kayak Tours, we developed a reputation as one of the area's best kayak touring companies for dolphin watching off the coastline of Virginia Beach . Now, 15 solid years later, not only do we specialize in guided eco-tours, but we offer a variety of outdoor activities that guarantee adventure and fun for all! At Chesapean Outdoors, we believe in providing top of the line, customer service. We appreciate the value of our customers support and hope that your experience with us is meaningful. It is our honor to have you as our guest and we thank you, sincerely, for your business.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Despite arriving on the beach in rain and fog, within minutes it cleared enough for us to get started. At my slightly advanced age I was a bit worried about my ability to cope, but the guide was great, helpful and reassuring. I shared a kayak with my thirteen year old granddaughter. It was easer than I expected, and soon we were out in sunshine with views of dolphins close at hand. Our guide kept with us, giving us interesting information about dolphins, other wildlife and the area generally. One thing worth bringing with you is a waterproof camera. A great experience!

All reviews
"kayak tour"
in 7 reviews
"first landing state park"
"double kayak"
"waves"
"surf"
"kayakers"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had great weather, great views of dolphins, and a great tour guide, Trey! We had the 12pm tour. It was my first kayaking experience and now I want to buy my own! The area we were in was perfect too, not so crowded. Next I plan to try either surfing or SUP!

1  Thank Tiffany H
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The experience was wonderful. The weather was great. We went for the 9 am tour. We saw a lot of dolphins swimming close to us while we were kayaking. Our guide, Trey, took care of our tour. He was very funny, entertaining and knowledgeable about the area, the dolphin and kayaking. He was super patient. We are definitely going back on this tour. If you are in the area, give it a shot, it is a good friends/family thing to do.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We drove from Richmond to First Landing State Park to try out the paddleboarding, after purchasing a Groupon. The weather was great. The guide was helpful and informative. It was not as difficult as I imagined. after paddling about 2 1/4 miles, we stopped and hiked. Our guide, Will, showed us the area and gave us some history. We then paddled back and relaxed. We cannot wait to do it again! By the way, my husband and I are 62 and 60 and we kept right up with the younger paddlers!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went on the dolphin kayaking tour from 79th street, on the North end of VA Beach yesterday. We bought a groupon and had to reschedule our original date, July 5th. They were very accommodating with that request. It was kind of hard to find parking on the side streets they recommended, so get there early in case you have to search for awhile to park. We had lots of storms last week, so I was afraid we would be fighting some pretty strong currents, and we did. The guide explained it would be rough going on the way back because of the headwind and current, so everyone knew what they were getting into. It was kind of rough out there, too, which made it a little less relaxing at times. However, it didn't take long to start seeing dolphins. We paddled up close to them and they stayed all around us from that point on. My husband had four of them come up less than two feet from his kayak and I saw several. They were not very active, but we did see lots of them. I'd never seen them with barnacles attached to their fin, so that was kind of cool, and many had little notches on their fins, which almost made them look like sharks at first! We had to fight the current on the way back and ended up coming in 10 blocks down from where we put in and walking back because the current was so strong and everyone was getting tired, but overall was a very cool 2 hours and a great way to spend the afternoon. IF you put in on the oceanfront and it is rough, know that you will need to be in fairly decent shape to make it back. Follow the advice of the guide and do what he says and you won't get too tired. ;) I think I may try this paddle boarding thing next, but not off the oceanfront! I'd like to try the kayak tour from First Landing. I think that would be pretty cool, and probably a lot smoother!

1  Thank beachykeenTexas