“In a word, Excellent!”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laskin Road
Description: Authentic Thai food with full service dining. From Curries to Pad Thai to Chicken Penang, come in to find your favorites! Online ordering available from our website too.
Hamilton, Bermuda
“In a word, Excellent!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

DeliciousThai food, friendly staff and nice atmosphere. The menus contained all the classic Thai favorites as well as some unusual dishes such as frogs legs! All the dishes can be ordered with your choice of meat or vegetarian option. Our favorite was the Pad Thai!

• Visited March 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Wonderful, wonderful!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Thai cuisine in a modern, tasteful setting. Excellent service--the staff really took care of us and they were all so friendly. The food was outstanding and the price was just right. Generous portions and everything was so fresh and well seasoned. I had pad thai with shrimp and the shrimp were huge. My husband tried the mussaman curry and it was just sweet enough. We ended with bread pudding topped with coconut ice cream...so, so good. This place puts other local Thai restaurants to shame. Do yourself a favor and go! While it's not located right at the oceanfront, it's close enough and definitely worth a side trip away from the strip.

Visited February 2013
Virginia Beach, VA
“Consistently the Best Thai in Town”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I have visited and enjoyed Thai Arroy probably twenty times since my review in April of last year. Since I would have only repeated the praises of my first review by reviewing each of those visits, we just chose to enjoy ourselves each and every time, without again telling other TA users what a really super restaurant this is. But our latest visit over the Christmas Holidays really needs a special mention, and another very vocal vote from us for Thai Arroy being the absolute best Thai restaurant in Tidewater.

So, almost all the family is in town for the Holidays --- our dinner party is 12 total; six adults, three teens and three under age nine (the youngest is three). In addition to the Holidays, it's also my wife's and my wedding anniversary --- so it's a big deal for us. Everyone wants Thai, and we certainly agree. I call for the reservation, and am immediately recognized on the phone and warmly greeted. "Does your 3-year-old need a booster chair?" they ask, without any prodding. We arrive at the restaurant, and our table is completely set --- including fresh flowers --- with the booster chair in among the adult chairs, not on a corner like so often happens. Everyone starts ordering drinks individually (except for the 3-year old), and it begins to look like we might be headed for a little chaos at the table. But no --- our long-time favorite server takes charge immediately, and walks to each person individually, greets them, and takes drink orders, one at a time. She then meets my eye, comes over to me, and says "Since you know our menu pretty well, how about if you and I make the food selections? Do you think everyone would approve of that?" And, with that, any possibility for chaos among the 12 of us was eliminated. I started with 6 orders of their wonderful fresh spring rolls, and added 2 orders of Thai Dumplings for our dim sum fans. I then selected four different curries, two sauteed meat and vegetable dishes, one duck dish, one fish dish, and two orders of my wife's favorite Mussa-Pad Thai for our entrees; plus, of course, several extra bowls of their wonderful jasmine rice. Our food delivery was perfectly timed and, as always, delicious, with their normal spiciness being toned down a little for the benefit of the children, but with their selection of fresh and powdered chilies being available as always for the old-timers to add as desired.

And our visit went off without a hitch --- no complaining from the kids, everyone having one dish or another that they ABSOLUTELY loved, just the right amount of food to go around, and only one spilled drink for the entire evening. The usual unbeatable table-service that we always receive for two was perfectly replicated for our party of 12, without anyone experiencing any conflict or drama during our entire visit. And, once our server found our about our anniversary, my wife and I were presented with a complimentary split of champagne to help us celebrate --- a very nice concluding gesture for a visit that was very pleasant in every respect.

And so we're getting ready to leave, the bill arrives, and it's well under $200 for the 12 of us. Granted, no alcohol --- but there were at least 6 Thai teas, plus tons of appetizers, 10 entrees and bowls-full of extra rice. So I say to myself "Only at Thai Arroy." And, like every other time we have come here and experienced their perfect service, wonderful food, lovely understated ambiance, and very reasonable prices, I really, really mean it.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank RickSchlegel
Norfolk, Virginia
“My Favorite Thai in the area – thus far”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I’ve been to at least 6 Thai restaurants in the area (Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Chesapeake) recently, and ‪Thai Arroy is my favorite to-date, hands down. I’ve eaten there only for lunch, but I’ve eaten there repeatedly. No disappointments for me here … total satisfaction. I have always experienced courteous and efficient service. The food has been excellent every time, and the portions are large. I’ve always eaten here solo, but my lady will be flying into the area in a few weeks. The décor is modern and chic, so we may go there for happy hour and dinner when she comes. I’m looking forward to it.

• Visited October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Thai restaurant!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Thai Arroy is the best Thai restaurant I've been too; and not just in Virginia Beach. It is one of our favourite restaurants, overall. We have been on many occasions throughout the past 3 years.

• Visited September 2012