“Excellent service and beautiful area”

Tula Adventure Sports
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.00*
and up
Virginia Beach 1 Hour Double Kayak Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: - Stand-up paddleboard and Kayak rentals (we deliver), lessons, tours and sales. - Wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing - Bike rentals - Land paddle board rentals - Pontoon cruises up to 6 people. See dolphins, visit waterfront restaurants, cruise the back waters of VB. Open every day of the week Memorial Day through Labor Day or by reservation. 757-502-TULA
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Excellent service and beautiful area”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in Virginia Beach for a conference and was looking for a unique way to explore the surrounding area. The answer: Stand Up Paddleboards at Tula Adventure Sports.

I was pretty boxed in time-wise, and the staff was very accommodating. I ended up renting a SUP for two hours and took it out on my own. I was a "never ever," so I got a mini-lesson from the staff member on duty. Nothing special really, but I got the basics. After pushing off, it was just me and the water. In hindsight (and after reading the reviews), I wish I would have ponied up for a tour--it's a beautiful area, and a guide would have added a lot. That being said, I had a blast trying my hand on the SUP and exploring the inlets around the state park.

The fifth star is all Isa, the friendly and inviting owner. I worked up quite the appetite paddling away and was looking for a good seafood joint (I'm from Colorado). Isa not only recommended a great place (Dockside), she also offered to give me a ride! I loaded into the car with she and her Golden Doodle and, ten minutes later, I was chomping down on Virginia's finest softshell crab. Delish!

The cherry on the sundae came the next day, when I realized I left my ID at the Tula shop. Isa immediately sent someone to my hotel to deliver it, allowing me to catch my afternoon flight. Not that I really wanted to leave by then... Too much SUP fun to be had!

I definitely plan to go back if I'm ever in the VA Beach area again.

Visited June 2013

philadelphia pa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Downwind standup paddle board tour”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a new tour for Tula .you only paddle with the wind at your back or with the current whatever the conditions are the time of your tour.today it was windy so we paddled with the wind at our back the entire way it was awesome and the Tula van met us at the state park and drove us back to the shop. Great fun

Visited May 2013
1 Thank leescohen
Cape Charles, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Professional Outfit in a Wild Field”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) is booming, and it seems like everyone and their uncle is buying 10 boards and a truck and calling themselves a pro. Well, Isa and her team are pros. Everything about their approach to the sports they love is high quality. The equipment is great, the instructors are well trained, and you can tell that they love what they do.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank gonesailin22
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Really cool local business”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Have lots of great paddle board stuff and a fun locals paddle in the summer. They also help out with Happy Winds at the Virginia Beach Resort in the summer with the sunset paddle on Wednesdays.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Surfingdad
florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth the time”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great instructor, safe and secure, is how I felt when I finally stood up on the board. No pressure, plenty of encouragement, and really fun when i started paddeling. lots to see when you stand on the board and look around. a nice relaxed workout

Visited June 2012