“A must do in Virginia beach”

Tula Adventure Sports
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
1 Hour Virginia Beach Paddleboard Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: - Stand-up paddleboard and Kayak rentals (we deliver), lessons, tours and sales. - Wakeboarding, waterskiing, tubing - Bike rentals - Land paddle board rentals - Pontoon cruises up to 6 people. See dolphins, visit waterfront restaurants, cruise the back waters of VB. Open every day of the week Memorial Day through Labor Day or by reservation. 757-502-TULA
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went for a Dolphin Viewing tour with Isa. It was just the two of us, and it was a great tour of the area. Unfortunately, we were not able to see any dolphins but we saw a school of manta rays and it was just great to paddle around the VA beach area and explore the shoreline. Isa was very friendly and knowleagable of the area. I wish I would have had more time to do the other tours.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Dolphin paddle board tour was super family fun.tula now has a pontoon boat for paddle tours in case u get tired u can go back to boat and wait for the rest of ur group,actually bought 2 boards at a ridiculous discount.

1  Thank leescohen
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Fun all the way around for me, my wife, and 2 teenage children, Staff was friendly and helpful for us beginners. None of us had ever Paddleboarded but it was easy to learn (although it took some balance). Paddled along First Landing State Park. Beautiful scenery. Not much wind which made it easier I am sure. The guides were talkative and helpful. Very nice morning with a new experience. Only caution would be that they depart at the 64th Street Boat Landing of First Landing State Park. The landing is not at the main Park area but rather closer to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk area just west of Atlantic Blvd on 64th street. Do not drive all the way to the main park.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My Girl Scouts thoroughly enjoyed stand up paddleboarding with Tula. We spent a weekend in Virginia Beach and the 1st Landing flatwater excursion was a highlight of the trip. From the beginning, Isa was terrific to work with, very attentive and helpful. She took the time to work with me on planning our tour and explained everything in detail so we knew what to expect when we arrived. There were seven 13-14 year olds and myself going on the tour, and Isa brought two more guides which was a really nice ratio. They were professional and friendly and made sure that everyone had a good time. It was just the right blend of instruction, nature info and fun for my group. I highly recommend Tula for a great experience!

1  Thank lovealab
See more reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My Advanced PE class with Juniors in HS from Newport News and I went on the MOST AMAZING Paddling and Kayak trip EVER!!!! Isa and her staff were completely professional and accomodating while setting up and planning the trip. It was nice to be in the hands of a friendly pro! We did a three mile tour starting at Seashore State Park and ending with and amazing picnic lunch and swim session at Marina Shores. The price was excellent, especially for all of the ecology information shared by our tour guides, and all of the extras. The guides coached our group of 16 well and were so knowledgeable.We had non-swimmers in the group and everyone was so safety-aware and pro-active about their whereabouts the entire trip... Beautiful skies, light wind, fairly calm waters, nice current to carry us so we didn't have to work too hard! all in all- it was a fabulous trip and something we want to come back and do every year. The class had a very memorable trip!

2  Thank Judi O