“Eat in or Take Out!”

Back Bay Gourmet
Ranked #299 of 1,417 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat in or Take Out!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This restaurant consistently has excellent food and service. I have eaten here dozens of times and the soups and salads are awesome. They also have prepared food in freezers as you enter that you take home and bake. Tried a number of appetizers and entrees and they are wonderful. A great solution to limited time to prepare a great meal.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Karen T

Northern Ireland
“Lovely place with great shop”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My brother and sister in law took us to this restaurant for lunch while we were spending some vacation time with them. We were very impressed. My sister in law and I wandered the shop while the guys sat at our table and I was very tempted by all the goodies on sale. We each ordered various sandwiches for lunch and these were excellent although rather large for a light lunch. The men had no complaints but we ladies had half of ours boxed to take away with us. The serving staff call out your name when your order is ready and you go up and collect it. This might be a problem for those with young children or more elderly customers but perhaps for those the staff may bring food to the table - I don't know (but all the staff were very pleasant so I am sure you could ask)
The food was very fresh and tasty and I would have no hesitation in returning

• Visited April 2013
“Always consistent great food !”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This is a really great gem! My daughters and I love the soup any soup French onion is popular.We also love the menus entree's such as the adult grilled cheese,crab cake and steak, all so wonderful, save room for one of their many yummy deserts!!

1 Thank jojo2376
“Cafe”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have eaten here my times and never had a bad meal. Make sure you have time to sit and relax as the food isnt delivered fast so sit back and enjoy a glass of wine while you wait your meal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mhuber97
“Unique Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The front of the restaraunt has a specialty shop with a lot of great kitchen items, salsas, teas - perfect for relatives who have everything. There is also a bar that provides wine and beer tastings during scheduled weekly sessions and a cupcake section. The restaraunt side of the house offers lunch and dinner menus. Original, tasty meals served with nice presentation. The atmosphere, menu, and prices are not particularly geared to families, but children were welcomed. Definitely a step up from regular strip mall dining, we save Backbay for when we have a little more time, but are not particularly in the mood for a full upscale experience. The service was prompt and courteous. Lunch is particularly enjoyable and the prices quite reasonable. The dessert counter is great!

• Visited February 2013