“Flip Flops Chill & Grill excellent experience”

Flip Flop's Chill and Grill
Ranked #70 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Eldorado, Illinois
“Flip Flops Chill & Grill excellent experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food was top notch (Black Bean Burger was awesome!), prices were good, service was excellent. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Not much character in the location, as it was in a newer shopping strip building.

• Visited September 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Creative and fun”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a good time. Local band did very well, surprised at how popular this place was despite a location about 3 miles from the beach. Food is good; a little Caribbean flair added to most everything. The salsa is good but closer to fruit salad than a traditional salsa. Jerk chicken and fish tacos were good, not super. Portions were small and it can get a little pricey. Service good and manager always on site as is the owner, who is also the chef. The folks are very hardworking and we wish them success.

• Visited June 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food is always tasty. Service is usually great, sometimes forgetful. Occasionally feel like the staff doesn't welcome families. Seats are hard. But, great food, and rarely a wait.

Visited August 2012
Dover, Delaware
“First time...Good Experience!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I made this stop based on a local's recommendation. "WOW" it was well worth it! The interior setting is not much. I would recommend sitting out on the patio. The menu is limited but, the food is delicious, staff is friendly and service was impeccable. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Just average”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Ate there with my husband and two toddlers on a Friday evening in August 2012. There was no wait for a table outside. I don't usually like eating outdoors, but it was way too loud inside - that is my only complaint about the atmosphere. A musician was setting up inside when we arrived and the noise was much more bearable once he started playing and singing. Also, the outdoor dining area gets very dim once it gets dark outside. This is fine for drinks, but a little more lighting would have been much better - maybe small lanterns or candles on the tables would help.

Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. I have absolutely no complaints about her. The only complaint about service is that there was a long wait for our food after we ordered. Luckily our children's pasta arrived way before the adult dishes did - hungry toddlers = cranky toddlers.

The food was good, but not amazing. My husband had fish tacos, as recommended by the waitress. He said they were delicious, but the portion was a bit on the small side. I had a salad (lettuce, avocado, mandarin orange slices, cherry tomatoes) and added 6oz of tuna to it. The tuna was cooked perfectly and tasted fresh. The salad arrived with each element sitting in it's own corner of the dish - the salad was not tossed. The dish was too small and crowded for me to toss it myself, so I had to pick at different parts of my plate to get different elements of the salad. I didn't like this very much. The dressing was incredibly delicious.

Our children had pasta parmesan with a side of sweet potato fries. The fries were delicious, but the pasta was very bland.

I wouldn't bother going there again, unless we were in the neighbourhood.

• Visited August 2012