“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Flip Flop's Chill and Grill
Ranked #68 of 1,406 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food is always tasty. Service is usually great, sometimes forgetful. Occasionally feel like the staff doesn't welcome families. Seats are hard. But, great food, and rarely a wait.

Visited August 2012

Dover, Delaware
“First time...Good Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I made this stop based on a local's recommendation. "WOW" it was well worth it! The interior setting is not much. I would recommend sitting out on the patio. The menu is limited but, the food is delicious, staff is friendly and service was impeccable. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Ate there with my husband and two toddlers on a Friday evening in August 2012. There was no wait for a table outside. I don't usually like eating outdoors, but it was way too loud inside - that is my only complaint about the atmosphere. A musician was setting up inside when we arrived and the noise was much more bearable once he started playing and singing. Also, the outdoor dining area gets very dim once it gets dark outside. This is fine for drinks, but a little more lighting would have been much better - maybe small lanterns or candles on the tables would help.

Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. I have absolutely no complaints about her. The only complaint about service is that there was a long wait for our food after we ordered. Luckily our children's pasta arrived way before the adult dishes did - hungry toddlers = cranky toddlers.

The food was good, but not amazing. My husband had fish tacos, as recommended by the waitress. He said they were delicious, but the portion was a bit on the small side. I had a salad (lettuce, avocado, mandarin orange slices, cherry tomatoes) and added 6oz of tuna to it. The tuna was cooked perfectly and tasted fresh. The salad arrived with each element sitting in it's own corner of the dish - the salad was not tossed. The dish was too small and crowded for me to toss it myself, so I had to pick at different parts of my plate to get different elements of the salad. I didn't like this very much. The dressing was incredibly delicious.

Our children had pasta parmesan with a side of sweet potato fries. The fries were delicious, but the pasta was very bland.

I wouldn't bother going there again, unless we were in the neighbourhood.

• Visited August 2012
Northern VA
“One of VA Beach's Best Kept Secrets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have visited this location many times and I'm never disappointed. I love this restaurant. It's beachy theme is very appropriate and the ambiance is relaxing and fun. They have many unique items on their menu and everything I've tried has been fantastic. Their sweet potato fries are a must try! They are reasonably priced and have enough variety on the menu - something for everyone. They have a nice little outside seating area with portable heaters if it gets cold. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2012
Middletown, New Jersey
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stopped in for lunch on a rainy afternoon on vacation. It was advertised in the local brochure and my daughter remembered seeing it featured on DDD. The menu was a bit limited but the food was delicious. We tried the chicken wings and nachos for apps. Delicious. The nacho chips were crisp and the mixings were great - chicken black beans corn cheese tomatoes hot peppers and a lime sauce that was really special. We then had grilled cheese sandwiches crab cake sandwiches and the fish tacos. I would definitely add this to you list of places to eat at while on vacation in the Virginia beach area.