“Great experience!”

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The early evening tour with Ray on Aug. 14th 2012 was awesome! Great nature, gorgeous sunset - all very much enjoyed while on the paddle board. Ray explained very well how one should maneuver the paddle board and took care that everybody was doing and feeling well. I will definitely try it again and will recommend beach eco tours to my friends.

2 Thank Atlanticbreeze56

Virginia Beach, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour on the Back Bay”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We won a paddle board tour for two on the Back Bay in Virginia Beach, what an experience. Ray received us and gave us the do's and don'ts and off we went on the boards. We left at around 6pm and paddled towards Crystal lake. With the sun going down and almost no wind we had perfect conditions. Well done tour with a little rest and leg stretching at the half way point and off we paddled into the sunset. Magnificent tour, a great way to observe the wild life on the bay. We live here and will do it again. It's worth it. Thanks for a great tour. Have a look on Facebook or on the internet for pictures.

1 Thank Lothar56
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What an awesome way to spend an evening!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Mike, Eric and Ray were wonderful! They engaged us in conversation while teaching us the basics. They made sure we had a good time, too. (Note to self: be careful on rope swings.) I can't think of a better way to see this area than by a peaceful paddle on the water.

3 Thank Liz549_11
Richmond, Virginia, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Ditto on the Greatness”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I echo the positive comments. Mike is flexible, affordable and very accomodating. When you are on vacation the last thing you want to deal with is a hassle. Mike made the paddle boarding experience very easy and fun. He was encouraging and patient. Thank you. It was two years ago that I dealt with him and the impression lasted long enough for me to want to write this review.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Jeffrey H
Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beach Eco by far EXCELLENT !!!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've worked with Mike and his company Beach Eco several times and I would recommend him to my best friend and my worst enemy (provided my enemy treated him better than me! LOL).

The paddle board lesson was given to me by my wife for my 40th. Mike too both of us (and only us) out to the Narrows - a State Park area right off the oceanfront's 45th street. Also known as "Silver Lake" it's a bay area that opens up into the Lynnhaven River. It was a beach area, calm and perfect for lessons.

Given the two of us were the only customers, Mike gave us a run down and took us right out. You would have thought MIke had known us for 20 years, very friendly, very engaging, very helpful - and he turned us into quasi expert paddleboarders!

My second run in with Mike was my calling him for more...this time I was buying. He sold me a brand new paddleboard for almost half of what I saw at places like WRV (Wave Riding Vehicles). He even sold me a used one for my wife for pennies on the dollar.

He walked me through his inventory, shared what he had, made some recommendations - and none of which were pressured (unlike a retailer that gave me 10% of my time - at best).

I've been spending time at Va Beach for 35 of my 42 years, live on the bay just north of Va Beach, have hundreds of friends at the beach or from the beach - and never have I met a local as nice as Mike....granted we were his customer, still doesn't matter, Mike remembered us from earlier visits, was genuine, found similar connections with us and was a great, great guy!

HIghly Recommend.