“Local Favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Taco Loco offers locals authentic Mexican cuisine. The fast service, menu variety, and child friendly atmosphere bring frequent repeat customers. It doesn't hurt that the Margaritas are big and bold!!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I usually order the same thing...taco sald in a shell because I do the no carb thing. Come to find out, they put POTAOES in all taco salads!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend noticed potaoes in her entree as well. When the waitress was summonsed, she said that they wanted to make sure people have their veggies! NO, THEY USE POTAOES AS A FILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN!

1  Thank Elaine R
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Visited with family on a Sunday for lunch.

What we liked:

1. A happening place, full of happy, munching people.
2. All the usual Mexican entrees plus some more interesting ones, like steak and seafood prepared in interesting ways.
3. Chips and assorted salsa-type things came right away; chips were hot.
4. Sangria! Big, cold, fruity with the right wine bite. I liked the sangria a lot.
5. Prices are good.
6. All three of us loved our lunch orders. With Mexican food, we are not adventurous. We like our enchiladas and beans and tortillas. But El Taco Laco did an excellent job with common Mexican fare. Who knows, maybe next time we'll try something unusual off the menu. My husband's Speedy Gonzalez, I noted, was beautifully prepared with plenty of queso blanco on the taco.

What we didn't like:

1. Really. Nothing. My husband ordered a chicken enchilada (part of his Speedy Gonzalez entree) but the waiter accidentally brought a cheese variety. My husband pointed this out, and in a heartbeat the waiter returned to the table with a steaming chicken enchilada. I do not get upset when things go wrong like this in a restaurant. I get upset when the problem is not cheerfully and quickly fixed. The waiter was great. No complaints.

Don't be put off by the fact that El Taco Loco is at the end of a strip mall and practically tucked behind the building. It doesn't affect the flavor of the food or the wonderful fragrances that hit your nose when you walk in. WE WILL BE BACK.

1  Thank Ginny000
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The table side Guacamole is delicious! This is a great place for families and the service is great. Love the food, and they are ok with substitutions, and changes to menu items. My kids love going there also. We have gone for lunch and dinner. Both were fantastic! Again, can't say enough about the tableside guac! It's soooo good!

1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant almost once a week. Hands down the best Mexican food in the Virginia Beach area. The table side guacamole is awesome, the food is delish, service and staff are fun and quick, and the margaritas...just like Mexico. Our favorite spot for sure!

1  Thank Christopher D