“Typical Mexican fare”

Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
“Typical Mexican fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not being a real Mexican food lover please take my review in that light. First off, the service was excellent. Went there on a busy Friday night with several other couples. Seated promptly and the wait staff was pleasant and fast.

I got two of their house tacos and my wife did the same. She thought hers were very good. Since all Mexican food tastes the same to me I can say that it was OK. Others in our party thought their food was great.

• Visited October 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“BBQ tacos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been here twice. The first time my wife and I just had the BBQ nachos for a afternoon snack. They were tasty and we both like them. Service was good. The second time was with some friends. No one cared for the Margaritas. It was Friday afternoon and the place was busy, but our server was very good. I would go back again.

• Visited October 2012
“Not that impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We visited the Hilltop location based on a suggestion from a friend. Based on the other reviews, I agree that I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. It was loud, there was a Spanish soap opera on that I wouldn't want my pre-teen kids to see and the food was overpriced for being just ok. The rice was bland, the fish tacos were heavy on the cole slaw and not much fish. On the plus side, our server was very attentive, the water glasses, chips and salsa were frequently replenished and the manager/owner (?) visited every table. Perhaps we'll go back to try the tableside guac - it does come in a huge bowl!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank bdaygirl
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“a bit over over priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Basically its good food, but dont get what all the fuss is about! Its just another tex mex restaurant, with a pricey menu and kobe beef fajitas! really do you need kobe for fajitas?

Visited July 2012
1 Thank a1mominator
Norfolk, Virginia
“Excellent Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

The best Mexican restaurant in Virginia Beach. The food and service were great. You must try their margaritas and their fresh guacamole (made at your table). The menu is varied and you are sure to find your favorite Mexican dish. The fajitas are excellent . This place brings me back to the feel of a southern California Mexican restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2012