“Nice place on a rainy day”

Flowering Almond Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspired by the elegant beauty of The Founders Inn and Spa resort and the time-honored rejuvenation and relaxation technique, the resort's spa is a favorite choice of hotel guests and Virginia Beach residents alike. Complete your inner transformation with a visit to our peaceful conservatory and perhaps a spa lunch during your stay at Virginia Beach spa resort. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi.
South Hill VA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice place on a rainy day”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Our vacation included lots of rain. This was a good way to spend an afternoon. There were three of us and the staff did a nice job getting us all into the services we were interested in, during the time we had available. And they had a nice list of services available

Visited August 2014
FoundersInn, Manager at Flowering Almond Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Birdie and Bubba,
It is always disappointing when your vacation includes rain, isn't it? However, I am very happy that you visited the spa and had an enjoyable afternoon! If you next vacation includes a stop in Virginia Beach, we would love to see you again!
Best Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Twice Was Not So Nice!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Okay, so after my first stellar visit, I decided to bring my 17 year old daughter to get her first pedicure--first spa treatment ever, in fact. We drove in early (from 4 hours away) for a tournament we were attending later that evening and were both excited for a special time together. Upon arrival, we were told that our nail tech quit, that there was no other nail tech there, and that they could give us another service or we could reschedule. Incredulously, I queried the receptionist on the situation and explained that due to our tight schedule, we had no other time that we could return during our stay in the area. She said that she'd called to inform us that the tech had quit but I had no record of such call and the only number they had was my cell phone--which I had on me. I checked through my missed calls and voice mail while waiting to see the manager. There was no missed call from them and no voice mail; I even checked after leaving. I don't believe that that girl ever called me. Perhaps she forgot to call...whatever the case, I did not receive a call from them.

When Penni Watson came in, she had a look on her face that said, "What's the problem, here?" It was not a kind nor concerned expression...more like, "What's your problem?" than like, "How can I be of service?" I explained our predicament--the predicament they'd put us in-and asked if my daughter could get the teen facial for the same price as the pedicure since they'd totally messed up our reservation. She promptly said, "No" and that all she could offer was 10% off of any service. I was incredulous. I told her that 10% was not adequate compensation for how they'd inconvenience us and ruined our plans. Again, Penni coldly refused. I was so shocked, saddened, and angry! In fact, I was so disturbed by the lack of consideration my daughter and I received here that it took me several months to sit down and write this review. I just walked out before I said something I shouldn't have--never to return. What a pathetic ending to something that started out so beautifully (my first visit).

Visited March 2014
9 Thank IwannabeaSoutherner
FoundersInn, Manager at Flowering Almond Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear IwannabeaSouthe,
Thank you for your review. I greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and wanted to take this opportunity to personally respond to you. I take each review very seriously. It is always our goal to provide a positive experience for our guests. I am happy that your first visit to our spa was “stellar” and am sincerely apologize that your second visit did not match or exceed your first visit. Unfortunately, the spa was unable to accommodate your nail service and I apologize for that, as well as the fact that you did not receive prior notification of this.
I am very dedicated to our spa guests and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. I would love to personally invite you back to the spa on your next visit to Virginia Beach. Additionally, our General Manager, Mr. Sascha Hemmann, would like to meet you.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Kind Regards,
(757)366-5790
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Girls Spa Day”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My girl friend and I had a great day at Flowering Almond Spa. The facility was clean and the staff very friendly and professional. My girl fiend was very satisfied with her massage. My therapist on the other hand was not listening to me when I told her I needed more pressure. Her hands glided over my body like a feather. I hardly felt anything! When she got to my back I spoke up again and told her I needed more pressure...it was great then. I didn't want to be talking throughout the process, so I felt after I told her the first time that should have been sufficient. I thought maybe she was new at this. I spoke to the receptionist at the end and inquired how many years of experience did she have. The receptionist did not know. She should have known. In fact when I was booking the date, I was asking the receptionist several questions about the services and the therapist and he was unable to answer many of the questions. I felt he should have been more knowledgeable about services he was offering. Despite this, I had a great day and I would visit again.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank paigeme2014
Dear paigeme2014,
Thank you for your review of our spa! I am so happy to hear that you had a great day at the spa! I am happy that you were pleased with the staff in general, but will certainly address your issues at booking and on the day of your visit. I am glad that your girlfriend enjoyed her massage. It is always fun to share a spa day with a friend, isn't it?
We look forward to your next visit!
Regards,
Virginia Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Noriko was amazing! I purchased a pedicure with a leg massage. My feet look and feel fabulous! The artful massage portion relieved my stress! It was a wonderful experience! Earlier in the week my two daughters also had a wonderful experience when Noriko gave them the Princess Pedicure! The facility and the landscaping are beautiful!

Visited July 2014
FoundersInn, Manager at Flowering Almond Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Journalin,
Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your pedicure and that your daughters loved their Princess pedicures! I will pass on your kind remarks to Noriko!
Best Regards,
Suffolk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Bridgette was amazing! I will always come here now!!!! Always!! I was apprehensive about trying a new place after always going to other high end resorts but I was pleasantly pleased by the environment, beautiful scenery and the massage!

Visited July 2014
Dear Apw30,
We greatly appreciate your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your massage and our spa. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!
Kind Regards,