“The best there is....”

Flowering Almond Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspired by the elegant beauty of The Founders Inn and Spa resort and the time-honored rejuvenation and relaxation technique, the resort's spa is a favorite choice of hotel guests and Virginia Beach residents alike. Complete your inner transformation with a visit to our peaceful conservatory and perhaps a spa lunch during your stay at Virginia Beach spa resort. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi.
Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best there is....”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Simply outstanding. I stayed on business and treated myself for a 90 minute Swedish which was really good. The Gym is large and well equiped for a Hotel gym, the pool is decent. The Manager there is from Ritz Carlton and certainly applies that kind of service to the Inn's Spa.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Simon K
FoundersInn, Spa Director at Flowering Almond Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I am so glad that enjoyed your experience here and that you received the outstanding service that we pride ourselves on! I truly feel that we have the best facility and staff in all of Hampton Roads and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. It is our sincere pleasure to serve you and to offer you a personalized, unique, relaxing experience. I hope that we do get to see you back soon!

Best,

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Spa for a day”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The spa offers a wide range of services. We partook of a couples massage one day. The pair of staff were courteous, professional, and oh so very good! Hoping to get back there soon. The pedicure and manicure services were enjoyed by my wife and she found them quite relaxing and high quality. Her nails looked fantastic with a sexy color that I have never seen here use in nearly 35 years of marriage!

Visited January 2013
I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your day here at the Spa and found it relaxing and enjoyable! We strive to provide you with a stress free, warm, and welcoming experience and I am so glad that we were able to do that for you. I hope that we get to see you again soon!

Best,
Kelly DelGiorno
Spa Director
The Flowering Almond Spa
The Founders Inn
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“amazing!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have chronic, horrible knots in my back, despite only being 26. I had had a headache for 2 days due to these and decided to get a massage last minute. I had an hour deep tissue massage with Tonia, and it was honestly the best massage I have ever had. She is a true professional and highly recommended! The hour felt like 20 minutes :) If I lived in town still I'd be here monthly.

Visited December 2012
virginia
“Definitely worth a visit.”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

UR Lookinggood's review of 9/25/12 very much mirrored my own experiences during my visit 12/1/12, regarding decor , atmosphere and amenities. As soon as I stepped through the doors of the Flowering Almond Spa, I began to relax. I did not have to wait more than a few minutes after completing my paper work. I enjoyed my time in the atrium while awaiting my therapist but, I would definitely have been taken aback had there been a man sitting in there as you are only clad in a robe. My therapist was Tonia C., and I enjoyed the Lavender Dreams body treatment. Tonia C. is soothing as well as knowlegeable and just plain AMAZING. You definitley want to ask for her, as I certainly will upon my return. I have visited another well-known and well-touted Day Spa in the Hampton Roads area, and while I enjoyed them, I can say I found FA to be far supeior in atmosphere and services.

Visited December 2012
Suffolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best Spa South of Manhattan”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Virginia Beach may not be known as a "Spa Destination"; however the Flowering Almond Spa at the founders Inn is truly a first class day spa.
I bought my wife a combination massage and facial while I was at a conference and she has not stopped raving. The actual spa facility is physically separate from the hotel and it was like being transported to 5th avenue as we walked through the doors separating the indoor pool facility from the spa.
Some comments have been made on this site regarding price, however the services that my wife received were clearly up to NYC standards and they were a great value at about 1/2 the cost. Treat yourself Virginia Beach. You have a hidden Jewel at the Flowering Almond spa!

Visited October 2012