“Casual dinning, no wait to eat, fast service.”

Ocean House Waterfront Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #226 of 1,420 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
“Casual dinning, no wait to eat, fast service.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice view of ocean and board walk. Quick food delivery and fast service. Good salad and fried fish. I would reccomend this place for family dining or drinks too. Very relaxing environment.

Covington, Kentucky
“Perfect place and perfect day for a few beers”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I walked up the boardwalk last week shortly after arriving in VB. Our first stop to relax with a cold beer was Ocean Deck.

The second floor outside covered deck was perfect on a picture perfect day. The pints of craft beer were cold and tasty ($5). A happy hour would be nice.

We did not have any food, so I cannot comment on that. The location, view, and beer are worth the trip for me.

Wheeling, West Virginia
“Excellent location. Restaurant on the rise.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended the Ocean House by a woman working at an information booth. She had told us the restaurant had two separate balcony locations ensuring a nice view of the ocean and that the restaurant was gaining in popularity.

We arrived for dinner on a Friday at 5:30 it was oddly deserted as only one couple was there at the time. The waiters instructed us to choose wherever we wanted to sit which was nice; we went to the lower balcony directly on the boardwalk. Our waiter was very nice however, since he chose not to write down our orders one of our dishes was commented incorrect. The mistake was quickly taken care of and we were offered to keep the extra unwanted food on the house but no one in my party enjoys oysters.

The food was quite good. Everything was nicely served however the portion sized and prices varied quite drastically. A crab dip we ordered was very small and quite pricey whereas one of our entrees of shrimp was huge and cheap.

Overall very nice experience. We would visit again. I will post photos of the menu and pricing.

1 Thank Kenny T
Ettrick, Virginia
“DELICIOUS!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We LOVED this restaurant when we visited the beach this past weekend and will definitely be eating there again this weekend when we head back. The drinks were, although, pricey, delicious!! Drinks were $9 for a mixed specialty drink and Landsharks were $3.00. We ordered the Fried Oyster Meal ($18) and it came with a nice serving of Fried Oysters, Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans! We also ordered the Oyster Beinville ($12), which is Oysters on the half shell, baked with Crab Stuffed Shrimp on top! Both plates were beyond amazing and will earn them another visit! Our waitress was sweet as can be and offered us excellent service!

We were there, together, as a couple! Nothing romantic about the place, but it is right on the boardwalk with the beach and water right there for your view! Patio offered a great lunch for our last minute trip to the beach for the day!

Additionally, the prices were for fresh seafood and considering we were at the beach...it was to be expected! =)

1 Thank Jess0525
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cooked Perfectly”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited the Ocean House yesterday for lunch. It was just perfect for what I was looking for! I wasn't too sure of it as I wandered Atlantic Avenue looking for lunch and saw the entrance. I went down the alley and found that it was on the ocean with a great view of both the ocean and the pier. We were told we could sit anywhere. There is an indoor area with a bar, an outdoor area and an upper deck oceanfront as well. I wish I had known about the upstairs but didn't realize this until I visited the restroom. You have to go toward the kitchen line of plates in the hallway to get to the stairs for the restroom and upper deck. We sat outdoors on the lower deck and it was really nice. The chairs and tables are your typical resin outdoor plastic. This is not a fancy place; but definitely your typical beach place.

Our waitress was amazing. She was on top of things bringing our beers on time. My boyfriend ordered the "man that's a big fish sandwich" which was a flounder fish sandwich. We both were amazed that it came on the hamburger bun as the fish was a huge piece that literally could have gone on a sub roll; but this flounder was amazing. It was really flaky and tender. I tried it and don't typically like flounder and it was definitely yummy and good for the price. I ordered the cobb salad with added on fried oysters. The salad was huge. Typical cobb salads do usually come with bleu cheese but this one had a mixture of yellow and white shredded cheese. There was ample avocado, bacon, egg, and tomatoes on the salad. The oysters were around 6-7 and I am really picky with my oysters. The flavor was awesome and they were plump and juicy! I was definitely surprised and very happy with my choice! With those two orders and our two beers, the order came to around $47 which is a bit pricey for lunch but it was very worth it as we had a great waitress and amazingly good food along with a nice view of the ocean.