Tripadvisor
Virginia Beach

“A wow dining experience”

The Porch On Long Creek
Ranked #277 of 1,668 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We delayed trying The Porch because they didn't take reservations when they opened. I'm excited that now they do (not online, you have to call) and it is a short drive from where we live. I wasn't expecting much but was happily surprised at the excellent service, the plethora of meal selections and the distance the restaurant staff goes to impress. I'm very particular about how items are prepared and cooked. My salmon was grilled exactly as I requested and the side offering of scalloped potatoes was over-the-top. Our server, Lauren, was informed and attentive and we intend to request she take care of us on future visits. I'm anticipating that with warmer climate, it will be somewhat noisier with the addition of outside diners but for the cooler weather, it is the perfect place to enjoy a terrific dining experience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

First time to eat and drink here. Really enjoyed being able to sit outside on the deck and enjoy sushi and drinks. Friendly servers too. This place would be neat to hang out and visit with friends drink and eat which is exactly what we did! Great menu choices. Comfy deck furniture too

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Travel_and_Eat_Too
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

My friends and I had never been to this restaurant and had heard the food was really fresh and innovative.
We struggled a bit to find it as the restaurant sits on the end of a pier and it was pouring down rain. After a few laughs we all converge in the right parking lot.
We were seated immediately and Sarah was our server. She was terrific. She shared her thoughts and suggestions and they were spot on! We all tried a different dish and each was shared and devoured. The entrees were generous so we had no room for desert unfortunately. Enjoy! We plan to go again soon.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 21, 2019

We loved this place. Great handcrafted cocktails and my crab cakes were to die for!! The California roll was also very good.
Such a cute place on the water, inside and out. Fantastic ambiance, I might not bring little kids here. But that's probably just my personal preference! :-)

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019

Absolutely love their shrimp and california roll! Shrimp is exactly like the old 501! Drinks are very good and you can't beat the ambiance :) Prices very reasonable -

Date of visit: November 2019