“Erica/Mannino's at Pleasure House”
Review of Mannino's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino’s Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas’ at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Café Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey’s Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My parents and I ate at this Mannino's location at Pleasure House for a double birthday celebration dinner. I've always enjoyed it there but it was my parents first time there. They loved the food, the atmosphere and the service. Erica was our server and was extremely curtious and attentive. She and this Mannino's location are highly recommended.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Our evening spent at Mannino's was wonderful. Our server Erica was thoughtful and knowledgable as well as very pleasant. The food was absolutely perfect and plentiful. We were assisted by 2 of the most delightful young ladies, Devon and Hayley and they were so contentious. Our water glasses were always full and our table was cleared in a very timely manner. We actually made reservations for another visit before we left!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went in on a week night last week. We were greeted by a very polite hostess, she sat us right away. Alexander was our server, he is very knowledgable about the menu and wine list. He walked us through the specials and helped us decide what to order. He is really an excellent server! This was our first visit but it will not be our last! The food was so yummy! Everything from the appetizer to the dessert! Everything about our first visit was just fantastic!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have been to a lot of restaurants in my lifetime! This one has got to be the best one I've ever been to! The staff is amazing! I have NEVER seen such a "well oiled machine"! They were packed when we came in on Saturday night with no reservation. Haily found us a table in no time at all! Alexander took excellent care of us! All his recommendations were right on! The food was so fresh and hot. Wow, Kuddos to the manager of this place, she/he really knows what real customer service is all about! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Bobby P
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I was originally going to just make a to go order for my wife and I, but the bartender( Sonja ) was so welcoming and helpful that I couldn't help but stay and eat my meal there. While I was waiting for my food the young lady behind the hostess stand ( Hailey ) kept me entertained. She was very enthusiastic and always had a smile on her face. I ordered my appetizer which was the fried calamari which was out of this world, then to my main course of the delicious Tortellini Mannino. This dish was cooked to perfection! Lastly for my desert I ordered the cheesecake, original but still out of this world. If you are looking for an all around great Italian restaurant, whether it's to being the family to or just to come solo I strongly suggest this restaurant! I felt very satisfied and at home with the great food and even better people! I will be returning soon!