“wow!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino’s Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas’ at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Café Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey’s Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have been to a lot of restaurants in my lifetime! This one has got to be the best one I've ever been to! The staff is amazing! I have NEVER seen such a "well oiled machine"! They were packed when we came in on Saturday night with no reservation. Haily found us a table in no time at all! Alexander took excellent care of us! All his recommendations were right on! The food was so fresh and hot. Wow, Kuddos to the manager of this place, she/he really knows what real customer service is all about! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Bobby P
There are newer reviews for Mannino's Italian Bistro

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I was originally going to just make a to go order for my wife and I, but the bartender( Sonja ) was so welcoming and helpful that I couldn't help but stay and eat my meal there. While I was waiting for my food the young lady behind the hostess stand ( Hailey ) kept me entertained. She was very enthusiastic and always had a smile on her face. I ordered my appetizer which was the fried calamari which was out of this world, then to my main course of the delicious Tortellini Mannino. This dish was cooked to perfection! Lastly for my desert I ordered the cheesecake, original but still out of this world. If you are looking for an all around great Italian restaurant, whether it's to being the family to or just to come solo I strongly suggest this restaurant! I felt very satisfied and at home with the great food and even better people! I will be returning soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had a very enjoyable dinning experience at Mannino's last night.
The food was excellent. From the fresh baked bread, the appetizer, to the main course (prepared just right), to the desert, just fantastic.
Our server (Holly) was great. It’s as if she could read our mind. She was very attentive to our needs demonstrating a through knowledge of the various offerings for the evening.
We will definitely make Mannino’s one of our top choices for a fine dinning experience

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to Mannino's around 5 pm last week. The ghocchi was the best I've had in a while. The atmosphere in the restaurant was inviting and warm. The bartender, Sonja, was courteous and cheerful. I recommend Mannino's to anyone who wants a fine Italian dinner. I will return in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We made reservations on line 2 weeks before based on reviews on Travel Advisor. We loved being able to get reservations this easy. Your special Valentine dinner was great. We loved the ambiance, food and service. Portions were very generious. So, far this is our favorite restaurant in Va. Beach. We'll be back!!!