“Terrible service!!!”
Review of Mannino's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino’s Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas’ at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Café Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey’s Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have been to Mannino's many times and have NEVER had such terrible service as we had tonight.
Mary Ellen needs to go...
Could not get a drink...could not get our food...we asked for a manager and he brought us a check, with a weak apology.

THEY should have paid for our appetizers...offered something...a free dessert...nothing...they could not even split the bill properly even though we asked a hour and half before we left (without our dinners!!!!)

We are LOCALS! We live in Virginia Beach and will NEVER recommend this place again!

So disappointed....really, more than disappointed....and of course, we brought LOCALS in with us to show them how "good" this place was???
REALLY?

Do NOT go to this place until someone gets them straightened out!
What a shame!

1  Thank Peg T
There are newer reviews for Mannino's Italian Bistro

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I did take out. Bill was pricey but was comfortable paying because this place have great reviews. Food order place in a good time and food was presentable when it was boxed up. I was excited to eat until I tasted meal... My sauce was sour and tasteless. Say the least I was very disappointed, I doubt I will return and forget me talking this place up.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Found Manninos on TripAdvisor while running errands in VA Beach. What a find. The other excellent reviews were right on. Comfortable atmosphere, excellent menu choices, superb food. The crab soup was outstanding. Ashley should teach other servers the art of table service. Will be back.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We get together a couple of times a year with a Foodie Buddy and family. When it is spur of the moment, this is his "go to" place. Friendly, courteous and wonderful food on a consistent basis. The wait staff may sit us away if we have all the kids but, they are very attentive and have always made the kids feel at ease and part of the experience.
My only problem with this restaurant is, ... The dish I had the first time is so wonderful, I never want to venture away from it. I will sneak a bite of my wife's dish and swear that is what I will have next time but, ... Over time, we have tasted all the dishes and have not found one yet that did not make us go Mmmmm, as we softened our view and went to that happy food place in our minds.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

There are no words other than...yum... oh, and great service.
Christina was very knowledgeable about both the menu items and the wine list... She gave good recommendations. The food was stellar, I was told by my companions that the crab soup is amazing. I had pasta and the Veal was great. There is nothing bad to say...

1  Thank Barbara B