“Nice place, jets nearby”
Review of Virginia Beach KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach KOA
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for night. The place was fine, but it was a bit annoying to have the nearby fighter jets flying all day. Made for quite a noise. This is not the fault of the campground however and I didn't hear them during the night. Looks like they had lots of fun activities for families in the summer time.

The bathrooms were probably some of the least clean and oldest I have seen at a KOA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This campground and it's management is a junk show.Ride on by. 65.00 per nite for nothing. Grounds will not drain when it rains. everything dirty sloppy . One of the worst over a 15 year period of camping in motorhomes.

Room Tip: Leave and find a nice one
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe K
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

My kids and I would camp at KOA at VA BEACH again. There is playground, a BIG jumping pillow, and pool if it was warm out to swim in. The location where we put our tent at was in the back in end of the park. KOA was pretty quit during day and night. There were only a hand full if people in tents and there a lot if people in RV. Only one bad thing that freaky my wife out was when we were walking back to our tent from the park, there was one guy walking around our camping site and I notified the office about this guy.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed in one of the deluxe cabins for a night for his birthday on 9/11. The staff were extremely friendly. One of the ladies even greeted me by my name as SOON as we walked into the registration office/store. Our cabin was clean, & so comfortable that we didn't want to leave. The ONLY complaint I have is our gas grill was kind of broken. The lid wouldn't shut completely, or stay open like it should. It just kind of flopped backwards. Kind of a pain when you're trying to flip burgers & have to hold the lid open at the same time. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We all know campgrounds are not considered camping.... so try out one of their deluxe cabins! You wo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This campground was impeccably clean. The staff went out of their way to make you comfortable and be as helpful as possible. There were a lot of things for the kids to do, as well as a canine park. The only complaint was the water pressure in the showers, it was sporadic. It had a very friendly, family atmosphere. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank SabrinaWallace
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was our first experience at this KOA and our family's first time in a Deluxe Camping Kabin. My Hubby has now sworn off tents after this experience ;) The customer service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We only stayed one night but everyone we interacted with were very helpful. While the jets flying overhead from the nearby base can be loud, my son thought they were very cool. Our cabin included a Queen size bed for us and bunk beds for my teens (14 and 15) . They also enjoyed the Kabin experience. Especially being at the beach it was nice to come home to your own private bath. While a little drive away from the beach the cost made it worthwhile. All the amenities of a nice hotel for much less $$. We are looking forward to a trip back in the fall! - Just FYI for tenters.... It rained heavily the afternoon we were there and I'm glad we chose not to bring the tent as there were some apparent drainage issues in the tent area and I'm afraid they would have made for an unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 911jenn
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff and pool we'er great but thats where it ended!!!
The tent area we stayed in had water and electric but no grass at all, it was dirt and sand but I could live with that. What I could not live with was the discusting bathouses.
The bathouses in the tent area were not cleaned before we arrived or at all during our 3 night stay never once did they clean the toilets or showers. Oh but they did change the garbage bag. The showers were not only beyond gross but there was nowhere to put your belongings my daughters and I had to help hand each other our stuff just to keep it cean and dry. We only showered in the tent area once the rest of the time we drove to the bathouse next to the office because it was the only one cleaned twice a day and even they weren't the greatest .... the rv area's we'er nice and grassy and if you don't need the bathouse its probably a great campground. But as a tent camper I would never recomend it... Next year we'll stay at the Holiday Travel Park right down the road we drove there and checked it out and its much nicer and cheaper !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family