“A great family friendly KOA with a great jumping pillow, waterslides, and a bike ride from the beach”
Review of Virginia Beach KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach KOA
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

KOA Virginia Beach

This was our second stay at a KOA campground with our family and it was again an excellent experience. The location was a 3.3 mile bike ride along a paved bike path starting right at the campground to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. For those who prefer motorized transport, the VA Beach shuttle rounded right through the campground every 20 minutes until 1 AM for $2 for an all/day fare. The kids loved the swimming pool with waterslides and the jumping pillow was the ultimate favorite of ours(Not to mention that Mom and Dad had some jumping fun as well). The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The campground was large and full on Labor Day Weekend but still didn't feel crowded. I would give this location a 10 except the Wifi, although functional and free, was useful for extremely low bandwidth applications limited to email and Facebook and AT&T only had 1 bar at this location. Otherwise this park was fantastic and we will definitely camp here again.

By the way, no Cable TV but good canopy openings for DirecTV

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PilotGYN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed September 4, 2011

First of all, I think the price was rather expensive. We initially just wanted to stay one night but were forced to pay for a 3 night minimum. The total cost for a tent site was over 180.00!
Next came the deafening NOISE! Please do not stay in a tent here. There is a 4 lane highway right near the tent area and it is LOUD! It seems like it is a drag strip for VA Beach motorcycles and they are not afraid of showing off their probably illegally loud cycles. The nail in the coffin for myself, wife, and 3 children was a concert on aforementioned highway in which sound check began at 5:50am! Of course, the KOA forgot to mention this part...they do tell you about the F-18 Superhornets that fly overhead alot though.
On top of this, our site had no grass, the ground was made of rock, and it was a 5 minute walk to the shower/restroom.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Gimartin69
ashland,Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Pool areas were nice and the activities for kids was well planned. Not to sure about the electrical system? We were told before we left they very rarely have electrical outages. We were there a total of four days and every day there was an outage. The management informed us if you have pets and they are left unattended and there is an outage, they are not responsible. In the 100 degree heat I would hope that you could count on having a service that you are paying for ? God forbide if you are travelin with an elderly person, their attitude is, who cares I have better things to do. I would stay elsewhere.

4 Thank fickdogg
lexington,ky
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Pros: Quiet and peaceful.Close to beach.Safe.Great running trial right outside KOA. Friendly and very helpful staff.

Cons: 2 showers,Bathrooms ok. We aren't big campers so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Big mowed area between our site and the bathrooms was used as a dog potty area, but it was our walkway to the bathrooms.

Cheapest parking we found was $5 all day (no in and out privileges) at sundial hotel on 20th street. The more active areas of the beach are between 17th and 21st.

Look for visitor books for coupons for bike rentals, aquarium tickets, etc. We made the mistake of doing things before looking for coupons which are in those books.

2 Thank timetraveling
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend. We were traveling with two small children (4 yrs and 9 months). The staff was friendly and helpful. They had two large pools, a jumping pillow, a playground, and LOTS of planned activities for the children.
On the negative side, though, I hated the campground itself. It was HUGE (much larger than the other KOAs in which I have stayed) so there were a million people there. The campsite was awful, just a gravel lot. I had called ahead to see if our large tent would fit on a site, and the lady on the phone assured me that "our sites are built to fit two tents." Well lets just say our neighbors didn't care for us as our tent totally overlapped onto their property. There was no room to build a fire as our site just fit our tent and car. And fire rings are only provided for RV and cabin sites. We were jammed in like sardines even though there was a row of empty sites across from us. I feel they could have spaced us out a bit since it wasn't completely full. I probably won't stay here again. Did not feel like I was camping. Felt like I was partying with the neighbors and sleeping with the strangers next to me.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2011

AMAZING staff! Great facilities for everyone, especially the kids (boys ages11 and 12)! Unfortunately it was storming and we left early, however, the staff could not be more accommadating! We left with a really good feeling about the staff and stay! The kids loved it so much that they wanted to stay even in their drenched tent and sleeping bags. Personally I wish the campground was on a beach, but I am not a camper and everybody else love the facilities so much that I don't think they would have visited the beach even if there was one.

Elizabeth City, NC
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a few reservation issues, but that was taken care of before arriving. The staff was amazing!! Everyone was super friendly & willing to help. The grounds were clean, the buildings were kept up nicely. The children's activities were great!! Water Wars was the best ever, for kids & adults. My kids stayed on the slides at the pool for hours, fully enjoyed the craft time and face painting. The jets flying over head makes you remember the freedoms we have here in America. The only upgrade I would suggest is more showers. With the holiday weekend the lines for the showers was long. Overall I would def. stay here again!! Our family had a great time at this KOA in Virginia Beach, Thank you for making our 4th of July wonderful!!!! If you stay here just remember our Air Force Jets fly over head at all hours of the day & night :)