“It was okay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Virginia Beach KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach KOA
Charlottesville, Virginia
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend. We were traveling with two small children (4 yrs and 9 months). The staff was friendly and helpful. They had two large pools, a jumping pillow, a playground, and LOTS of planned activities for the children.
On the negative side, though, I hated the campground itself. It was HUGE (much larger than the other KOAs in which I have stayed) so there were a million people there. The campsite was awful, just a gravel lot. I had called ahead to see if our large tent would fit on a site, and the lady on the phone assured me that "our sites are built to fit two tents." Well lets just say our neighbors didn't care for us as our tent totally overlapped onto their property. There was no room to build a fire as our site just fit our tent and car. And fire rings are only provided for RV and cabin sites. We were jammed in like sardines even though there was a row of empty sites across from us. I feel they could have spaced us out a bit since it wasn't completely full. I probably won't stay here again. Did not feel like I was camping. Felt like I was partying with the neighbors and sleeping with the strangers next to me.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

AMAZING staff! Great facilities for everyone, especially the kids (boys ages11 and 12)! Unfortunately it was storming and we left early, however, the staff could not be more accommadating! We left with a really good feeling about the staff and stay! The kids loved it so much that they wanted to stay even in their drenched tent and sleeping bags. Personally I wish the campground was on a beach, but I am not a camper and everybody else love the facilities so much that I don't think they would have visited the beach even if there was one.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Elizabeth City, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

We had a few reservation issues, but that was taken care of before arriving. The staff was amazing!! Everyone was super friendly & willing to help. The grounds were clean, the buildings were kept up nicely. The children's activities were great!! Water Wars was the best ever, for kids & adults. My kids stayed on the slides at the pool for hours, fully enjoyed the craft time and face painting. The jets flying over head makes you remember the freedoms we have here in America. The only upgrade I would suggest is more showers. With the holiday weekend the lines for the showers was long. Overall I would def. stay here again!! Our family had a great time at this KOA in Virginia Beach, Thank you for making our 4th of July wonderful!!!! If you stay here just remember our Air Force Jets fly over head at all hours of the day & night :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We spent two nights here in a kping canon and enjoyed it very much. It was conveniently located and we were able to travel to Jamestown and Norfolk. We took the shuttle bid to the beach and that was wonderful - it was nice not o have to worry about parking. Everything was clean and my granddaughter loved the slides at the pool. Staff was friendly - even met a fellow Cheesehead. The jets were very loud but somehow that added to the atmosphere of the place and will be something we remember.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Grmabear
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

Arrived late so office was closed but paperwork & access were all ready and waiting for us. Cabin was very clean, facing wooded area so private and quiet. Washroom facilities were excellent. Lady who checked us out was friendly and gave us directions to the bridge/tunnel. There were fighter jets flying over occassionally but that was good to watch rather than annoying, and I don't recall it happening very late at night or early morning (or maybe I slept very well!!!).

Good stopover if travelling along the coast via outer banks. Close to Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel. We walked to nearby sports bar, Boneshakers, where we had meal and a few beers which was good as most KOAs' seem to be a drive from nearest food/drink experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wannabetogethers
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

Traveled to Virginia Beach KOA for vacation with two small children and my husband. Greeting by very friendly office staff and escorted to our site by staff. Very clean level spot with surrounding trees. Easy hook-ups.
Swimming pools (which we used daily) was very well maintained. My kids loved the slide into the pool. Plenty of lounge chairs and tables to relax poolside. Store right next door to purchase snacks, beverages.
Jet noise could be a little nuisance occasionally but, in our travel trailer it wasn't really that noticeable.
Trolley to the beach picked us up and transported us to 5th Street daily. Took about 15 minutes to get to the beach. The trolleys ran every 15-20 minutes all day. Very nice not to have to worry about parking!
Would definetly recommend the campground!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Kalko55
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

My girlfriend and I were looking for an alternative to staying in a hotel while vacationing at the beach for the weekend, and KOA provided just that. We arrived at the campground and immediately found the staff to be friendly and approachable. They directed us to our site, pointed us to our restrooms and showers, and were quite accommodating and helpful.

Our campsite was nice--we had a picnic table, firepit, and plenty of flat space for a tent. We did have people camping on either side of us, though I never felt cramped or intruded upon. This isn't wilderness camping by any means--we could see a housing development through the trees behind us--but it is a very nice way to have a different experience from the traditional resort/hotel/motel at the beach.

The campground itself was very family oriented--a nice pool with slides, a jumping pillow (basically a giant, safe trampoline), horseshoe pits (with shoes!), hot showers, clean bathrooms, accessible dumpsters, a game room, laundry room, small general store, etc. It was quiet later in the evenings, but we didn't feel uncomfortable sitting by our fire laughing and drinking a few beers.

Pros: Clean, friendly, affordable

Cons: Further from the beach than the hotels (we drove each day), pool not open late, pricey firewood

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple