“Indian At Its Best”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Description: The Best Indian Restaurant in Hampton Roads area.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Saffron is one of those places I visit often. When craving for Indian cuisine, Saffron definitely answers that. Latest visit though was a so-so. The food is still definitely great. It was the service that was a downgrade. Several previous visits were exceptional but the last one, it was as if you don't feel the WELCOME you would expect. Good thing the food was still exceptional. The mussels appetizer is always a hit. Will still definitely come back.

Darshak P, Owner at Saffron Indian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank You for reviewing us.It means a lot to us. Yes, our cuisine is always been loved for nice flavors and deliciousness with good portions. Mussels is one of the favorite appetizer for foodies.
We apologize that you did not like the service. We strive to make each and every customer happy and make their day. I am sorry that we were unable to do it for you. We will make sure it does not happen again and review the problems with it. Please give us another opportunity and we will try to make sure you are happy. Thank You and will see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Saffron Indian Bistro

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The food was good. The decor was very nice except for the tacky paper restroom sign taped to the tile wall. The service was horrible. We had to ask for drink refills. My date got one I never did. We will not go back the service was that bad. The server acted like he was doing us a favor by waiting on us.

Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing us. It means a lot to us.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My family decided to try this place out and invited some family to meet us there on a Sunday afternoon. We walked in and the rude host sat us at a small awkward table that sat 3 people and just walked away. One side of the booth was big enough for one person and the other side was a normal 2 person booth bench. When the waiter he moved us to a larger table then told us they closed soon and what time would the rest of our party arrive. We responded they would be there in just a few minutes. The waiter told us they close at 230 and we could have the buffet but nothing else as the kitchen was closed now (The hours on the door said they were open until 10 I think it was). Looking over at the picked over old food we decided to leave. I have no review of the food because I never got that far. Although it smelled delicious, being basically told I could have what was left over from the lunch rush, after everyone else had picked over it was not appealing. I think I will pass. There are plenty of other Indian places in the area.

Thank You for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing us. We apologize that you had issues on your visit. We will review the incident and make sure that does not happen again. We strive to make each and every customer happy and make their day. I am sorry that we were unable to do it for you. Please give us another opportunity and we will try to make sure you are happy. Thank You and will see you soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Decided to take advantage during restaurant week, the place didn't seem to be that busy. We were seated right away; however, we reviewed the menus and sat them aside, so the waiter would know that we were ready to order. We stayed as long as we could, 18 minutes and no one showed to take our order, so we high tailed it out of there. I refuse to give my money for mediocre service. Stop in, if you can stand the standoff of service.

1  Thank Big-Mike44

We apologize that you had to wait for the server. We will make sure it does not happen again and review the problems with it. We strive to make each and every customer happy and make their day. I am sorry that we were unable to do it for you. Please give us another opportunity and we will try to make sure you are happy. Thank You.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We've eaten at this restaurant before because the food is pretty good; however the service and atmosphere unfortunately leave a lot to be desired. Although we made a reservation online, it did not seem to be there. Besides my family, a large group of several couples and families was gathered at the door to the restaurant, without anyone addressing or greeting us. At some point, two couples ended up leaving. While the restaurant has been opened for a few years now, it does not seem they have worked out a system for who greets, who seats, who takes food orders, etc., it's all very chaotic. The men working there almost seem irritated. We had several waiters come to take our first drink and appetizer order, because they did not know someone else had already done it. While one of the waiters really tried to be helpful and seemed genuinely sorry when the food just wasn't arriving, it seems there is no organization in place for who does what job. At one point we asked one of the servers if he could check on our order, he said he would, and simply walked off (not in the direction of the kitchen), and never got back to us. In one part of the restaurant there is a huge tv, and while we were there, CNN was on with a large headline announcing a tragic and shocking situation, something we would normally try and shield our children from. Some appetizers arrived promptly, others took an incredibly long time. From being seated just before 7pm, we did not get our main meals until after 8pm. We normally would not mind lingering over dinner, however, with kids, it's not always easy to wait that long for a meal. The chicken was a bit tough, but food was very good overall. I think with a proper host or hostess, and some better job organization, the place can really be a great restaurant. While we waited for so long for our meals to arrive, it reminded us about the last time, I believe in the beginning of 2013, we tried to eat at this restaurant, and had to take our meals to go because it took so very long for them to be served...

Thank You for reviewing us. It means a lot to us and we are glad that you are our regular and loyal customer. We apologize for the problems you had during your recent visit. Its not standard, and your addressed issues has been discussed with the team and we will make sure that it won't happen again. We strive to make each and every customer happy and make their day. I am sorry that we were unable to do it for you. Please give us another opportunity and we will try to make sure you are happy. Thank You and will see you soon.