“AWESOME FOOD , BARELY THERE SERVICE”

Saffron Indian Bistro
Ranked #289 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Description: The Best Indian Restaurant in Hampton Roads area.
Tampa, Florida
“AWESOME FOOD , BARELY THERE SERVICE”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

FIRST OFF, I AM SOUTH ASIAN. I'M ACTUALLY FROM INDIA ORIGINALLY....

this being said : don't come here for the service. stay far, far away !

if you don't mind the dirty appetizer plates being left at your table when the entrée comes out; AND the appetizer AND entrée plates sittin there when dessert arrives you'll be a happy camper.....

the food doesn't disappointed and they wisely invested in a "water-server". a friendly latino who does nothing but refill your water. the downside is he speaks NO English and certainly none of the Indian languages. He knows nothing about your order; nor can he effectively communicate with you.

The food is great if you can overlook the sucky service.

• Visited June 2012

Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful restaurant! Reservations are NOT maintained!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

TERRIBLE SERVICE and very UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF! The manager is horrible!

In spring 2012, my family contacted Saffron's manager and made reservations for my wedding rehearsal dinner. The manager enthusiastically confirmed the reservation and welcomed us to bring a dessert to share with our 45 dinner guests.

On 10.05.2012, I emailed Evites to 45 people, who soon after RSVP'd "yes." On the night of 10.19.2012, after my wedding rehearsal, we all arrived at Saffron only to find that the manager had given our room to another dinner party. He acknowledged that he still had our reservation on file, but that he had still double-booked. He and his staff were very unapologetic and nonchalant about their mistake.

Such an unprofessional, dishonest business does NOT belong in Virginia Beach Town Center!

• Visited October 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Wife and I have enjoyed this resturant a couple of times. Great food and service. We enjoy Indian food and this is good food. Decor is nice and located in a good area. The lunch buffet is excellent. Not expensive considering where it's located. Portions are generous.

Rob S.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Tasty food, quick service”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were craving Indian food, and this restaurant was right next door to our hotel so we decided to check it out,
Its pretty huge, lots of room inside and the decor is lit up for the right mood. We saw a lot of people getting sizzling plates, but we had already ordered, those plates looked delicious.

The food was excellent, service quick and the staff was polite.

Visited August 2012
Milford
“Terrible Service By waiting staff and owner (maybe)”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to this restaurant thinking that the food is going to be good (Menu looked good) but the food was ok not great (not good value for money at all). Appetizers were really spicy even after telling them to make mild. Being an Indian, I have tried different types of food from all over america and India, this food was nowhere near good. Now about service, it was the worst I have seen in my life in any restaurant. The waiting staff was too busy texting and talking on phone than looking after their customers. Upon calling them for something, they had an attitude (specially Indian waiters). Towards the end, they will not put the left overs in a box giving excuse that they are too busy for that even though there were only 3 or 4 tables with people out of 20 tables. I have not seen such a bad service in my life.

I would never go back again not because of food (I can deal with the food) but because of the worst service.

• Visited August 2012