“You won't go away hungry”

Route 58 Delicatessen
Ranked #6 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have plenty of parking! Carnegie Deli Cheesecake! Melt in your mouth Pastrami! Home of the award-winning Super Reuben!!
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food at Route 58 Deli is huge! Huge overstuffed sandwiches, huge side dishes, huge desserts, huge everything!

The sandwiches are advertised as being "overstuffed" and that is not an overstatement. There is probably enough meat and fillings in the sandwiches to make three regular sized sandwiches.
We went on a Sunday at about 11 a.m. and while it was very busy and not a lot of seating, we only had to wait about 5 minutes for a table. By the time we left there was a sizable line and a longer wait.

The wait staff all worked together and the service was excellent. The food was good but somewhat expensive. We had three adults and three kids. My daughter and I split a sandwich and a knish, my husband had a sandwich and fries and the three kids each had a hot dog and chips. We had four soft drinks and a water. My daughter also got a slice of cheesecake to go. Our bill was $86. Even though you get a lot of food, that is way too much for a deli lunch in my opinion.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

huge sandwiches that you cannot finish & killer cheesecake. i go all the time ,place tends to be very busy,so expect a wait sometimes...

Reviewed February 27, 2013

As a New Yorker I am perpetually disappointed by "New York Style" everything. Jersey Mike's - definitely not from Jersey. New York Pizza - the guy must mean Buffalo... the list goes on and on. This is, without a doubt, the best pastrami and the best corned beef in the South. BTW - WITHOUT A DOUBT the VERY BEST Roast Beef anywhere... period... end of story! In fact, the sandwiches may be better than many of my recent trips back to Queens/NYC. The portions are HUGE. Real pickles and Dr. Brown's help seal the deal. This is a must for a VB visitor, resident, or homesick New Yorkers. Be warned - you will pay for the sandwiches - but it is worth it!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food here is amazing, never lets you down. Our service was attentive and polite...our only problem was where we were weated, our jackets were never able to come off because the front door opens right into the dining room! I was freezing and my poor wife couldn't even finish eating. It's time to spend the money and fix the dining area fella's. The cute, family owned deli schtick has about worn thin...you have had success on every level now please, take care of your customers a little better.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went there with my husband last month as recommended by friends. The food was delicious. We ordered the pastrami on rye w/ side order of potato salad. The sandwich and potato salad was enough for myself and my hubby.
Outstanding service and atomosphere. Worth every penny.