“Great Place, Glaring problem” 3 of 5 bubbles

Route 58 Delicatessen
Ranked #19 of 1,405 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have plenty of parking! Carnegie Deli Cheesecake! Melt in your mouth Pastrami! Home of the award-winning Super Reuben!!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Place, Glaring problem”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food here is amazing, never lets you down. Our service was attentive and polite...our only problem was where we were weated, our jackets were never able to come off because the front door opens right into the dining room! I was freezing and my poor wife couldn't even finish eating. It's time to spend the money and fix the dining area fella's. The cute, family owned deli schtick has about worn thin...you have had success on every level now please, take care of your customers a little better.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Best deli in Va Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went there with my husband last month as recommended by friends. The food was delicious. We ordered the pastrami on rye w/ side order of potato salad. The sandwich and potato salad was enough for myself and my hubby.
Outstanding service and atomosphere. Worth every penny.

• Visited January 2013
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“A Great Deli!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have eaten at the 58 Deli on many occasions and am still amazed at the quality and quantity of food! Only truly Kosher style deli in Tidewater VA! Great service and atmosphere! Thanks, Jeff!!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Laurel, MD
“Great Food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went here last month for a sandwich after a friend had recommended it. The sandwich was huge and is easily two meals. The dessert was fantastic as well (5th avenue pie).

The only thing that I was very unimpressed with is the service, they are very nice but the waitress didnt write our order down. So with that being said, my 1/2 pastrami, 1/2 corned beef on grilled sour dough. Turned into a corned beef sandwich on rye. I am not one to complain so I just ate it. It was good but that does dissapoint me some, the place is so busy, you cant expect anyone to remember everything like that.

• Visited January 2013
Anaheim, California
“Oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Flew in to Virginia today for a short 1 day trip. I had to stop into 58 and try their pastrami. Great atmosphere, ok service, amazing food, and great dessert. The server forget to put my fries in, so I hate to wait a little after my pastrami came out. If it weren't for that, Id throw down all 5's. After I finished my huge delicious meal, i realized I was on vacation and in Virginia. Great portions, would highly recommend, and can't wait to be back. Thank you.