“Ideal restaurant experience”

Baladi Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #69 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: At Baladi we prepare authentic delicious foods that are fresh, healthy, and nutritionally balanced in a casual, comfortable and welcoming setting.Our Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes are prepared fresh daily. We offer a wide selection of Vegan and vegetarian as well as meat and seafood dishes. We use organic olive oil, pure filtered water, no HFCS in our food. In fact, the phrase “Baladi Foods” means natural and organic foods that are prepared with traditional methods. We welcome you and look forward to nourishing you!
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had dinner with a co-worker on a Friday night. She is a vegan so this restaurant looked especially appealing to her. I love Mediterranean food, so it was a good choice. We split the Mezze Platter. Crispy falafel, best grape leaves I have ever had, yummy baba ghanouj, hummus and muhammarah. I will have a hard time eating store-bought pita bread after trying their homemade bread. I had the Baladi salad with fresh mozzarella and delicious house dressing. I sampled the tabbouleh, which was also just right. The Kunafa dessert was divine. Chef Khaled stopped by our table, which was nice. This is fresh food prepared with care. Our service was outstanding. I look forward to returning to try more dishes. I highly recommend Baladi to locals and tourists.

BaladiVB, Owner at Baladi Mediterranean Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello and thank you so much for your positive review. This is great because it helps remind us that we are doing the right thing by serving real food that is delicious, healthy and nutritionally balanced, it is also helpful because it directs tourists and visitors of Virginia Beach to a good dinning experience.

We look forward to seeing and nourishing you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am not an adventurous eater, but everything that has been recommended by the servers at Baladi's has been simply delicious. This is my 4th visit. Last night we tried an appetizer special--a dish called "maqdoos" that featured eggplant stuffed with a walnut filling over a tender greens salad. Scrumptious. I'll order it again--and again. The servers are very attentive and very nice and you can trust their knowledge of what they are serving. Their house-made desserts, including two kinds of baklava, are to die for. Some of the other desserts are unpronouncable, but also unforgettably delicious! Our waitress brought us a sampler of 3 of the desserts and our party of four had trouble finishing them all. Also, they have a well-priced menu for senior citizens that features some of their most popular entrees in a smaller serving size. This is a wonderful new option for healthy dining out in Virginia Beach!

BaladiVB, Owner at Baladi Mediterranean Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review and for coming back to dine with us.

At Baladi our focus is to serve delicious and nutritionally balanced Mediterranean foods. We are proud of the fact that we prepare everything from scratch in the house including our deserts and pita bread, increasingly we are sourcing local and organic products because the food is better and we help the environment and our local farms.

We look forward to seeing you and nourishing you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was more than pleasantly surprised by Baladi. The experience was so good, the food so excellent, that I have already returned several times.

BaladiVB, Owner at Baladi Mediterranean Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your encouraging feedback. We do make everything from scratch in the house and will continue to do so. Please follow us on facebook or check our website for specials and entertaining events. Khaled

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Great place. It's a small restaraunt but the experience made it memorable. Will be coming back. Menu is clearly marked for people with special nutritional needs, otherwise ask and they will tell you what ingredients are used in the dish.

Thank you for you positive feedback and encouraging review. We love to cook and serve REAL food and will keep it that way.

Owner and Chef

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoyed our visit, the food, service, cost all good.
Best Falafel I've had in some time, wonderful dolmades!!!
We shared the sampler platter for lunch, it came with pita bites, it was excellent.
The tea was a wonderful in-house blend, with complimentary refills, thank you!
Everything on the platter was delicious.
The chef stopped by to visit, and sent a complimentary plate of his wonderful baklava.
A+

Thank you for your positive feedback, just to let you know that we make our falafel from scratch every day or every other day depending on sales, my family actually sends me the special falafel spices for the Middle East. When I opened Baladi a few years back I was determined and continue to be making and serving the best falafel there is because I grew up eating the real thing and my guests deserve the best.

Come back and see us some time and thanks again.

Khaled