“Great Mediterranean flavors, now on frequent rotation!”

Baladi Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #66 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: At Baladi we prepare authentic delicious foods that are fresh, healthy, and nutritionally balanced in a casual, comfortable and welcoming setting.Our Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes are prepared fresh daily. We offer a wide selection of Vegan and vegetarian as well as meat and seafood dishes. We use organic olive oil, pure filtered water, no HFCS in our food. In fact, the phrase “Baladi Foods” means natural and organic foods that are prepared with traditional methods. We welcome you and look forward to nourishing you!
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Baladi expanded from a hole-in-the-wall lunch place to a full blown restaurant this year. My wife and I now eat there a couple of times a month. She is a vegetarian and I'm not so much and we both find great choices on the menu. They have a strong selection of beers and wines, with beers inexpensive at $4-$5. Everything we've had from their seafood specials to the normal menu items (Kebab, Shwaharmah, Kefta, Hoseh, etc) are all very tasty. We always start with their Hummus as well. We haven't tried their desserts. Finally, their waitstaff are just wonderful people.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Baladi moved around the corner to a quieter, larger location in a Hilltop shopping center, and a friend and I finally visited for lunch. The menu includes a number of vegetarian/vegan choices, which I appreciate. It was a warm day, so we sat outside at one of the two-tops -- luckily the jets weren't flying directly over (and note, the tables on are the sidewalk so the view is th parking lot). Both of our dishes smelled delicious, and the wrap I had was great. They brought out a sample of roasted red pepper hummus for us to try -- tasty without overpowering garlic. Our server was attentive, and the chef came out to check whether we were satisfied. Nice experience. Looking forward to trying more menu items.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This place USA favorite of mine! I visit over and over again! Delicious gourmet Mediterranean cuisine!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had been to this "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant with a friend in October 2011 and had a great Greek salad, and so sought it out again in October 2012 on a return trip to Virginia Beach. It turned out that the restaurant had moved a short distance to more spacious accommodations in the same shopping center. I was by myself this time and pressed for time, and so got the salad to go. It was excellent once again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I cannot believe how wonderful the flavors are in the dishes served at this restaurant. The first time I went I was greeted with a warm welcome from the entire staff. I was seated very quickly and serviced soon there after. My favorite Mediterranean dish ever since I was a child is Baba Ganooj, so I had to try some. I kid you not, it was the best Baba Ganooj I have ever had in my life! For the entree I tried the Grouper with Spicy Tahini Sauce. It was amazing! I have never tasted anything quite like it. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the experience. I am so glad this place exists. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants true, authentic Middle Eastern cuisine!