“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Ypsilanti
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stated in a suite and I have no complaints and I'm picky. Comfortable, clean, nice staff, good breakfast. Air was nice and cool and I was worried since we stayed in a different hotel in another city the night prior and the room barely got cool at full power. Great job!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jbowers0827
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you had a positive experience and we hope to see you back soon!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Very clean, room was spacious, bed was comfortable, & breakfast was great. Indoor pool was very small & always full, so we were unable to use it, but maybe at a different time of year it would see less traffic. One complaint I feel worthy to make note of: my husband & I are Choice Privilege members. Upon arrival they informed us checkout was at 11am (plaque on wall states 12pm), but that our membership allows us to checkout at 2pm. Great. On our last day upon coming back from the beach our keycards would no longer give us admittance to the hotels side entrance. The front deskperson said it was because we were past checkout time, but we informed her of our membership checkout time, which she apologized for and gave us a new keycard, saying there was no note of it. Once we got back to the room housekeeping knocked on our door once every hour, saying we should have checked out already! My husband explained the reason we hadn't checked out yet several times, the last housekeeper saying to him, "Oh, so you're staying until 2 exactly, huh?" Very rude. Also as I was leaving I heard the rude housekeeper say to the front deskperson that an item had been left behind in one of the rooms. The front deskperson said that she was certain if the guests wanted the item they would not have left it. This was said right in front of me, as I was leaving, but I thought nothing of it until we arrived home & I realized we were the ones with the missing item... So the stay didn't end on the best note, but I will take away 2 things: 1) Make sure to have notes made by staff, upon arrival, of any special circumstances & 2) Make sure to grab ALL belongings upon leaving!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank MeL H
I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to my attention. It truly is disappointing to know my staff members did not embody our philosophy here, which is simply "whatever it takes" to help our guests. The unfortunate side is policies were not followed and you had an unpleasant end to your stay with us and that is unacceptable. You can rest assured it has been handled and I hope we have the opportunity to make it up to you soon.

Thanks again for staying with us and letting us know where we needed an issued resolved!

Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel wasn't bad but definitely not great either. While we were upgraded to a suite there was a lot of little extras missing. We were short in towels the whole time and were told the hotel was out. The pool towels were he size of hand towels so we couldn't even use them. The front desk man was not overly helpful and was a little rude to the kids when we asked for more towels again on the second day.

The room was fine. Nice size suite and clean. Bathroom was clean and water pressure was great. Breakfast was ok. Nothing to brag about. But Krispy kream donuts are just down the street!

All in all an ok visit. Just bring your own towels!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shenae S
George L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying with us and apologize for the shortage of towels during your stay. I share all of these comments with my staff to help improve where we can. However, no excuses for the short falls and I hope to see you back soon to make it an even better stay!

Warm Regards,
Grasonville, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife had to travel to Virginia Beach for a wedding. We made the reservation for the Comfort Inn & Suites based on the Trip Advisor ratings and for its value.

I was blown away by the cleanliness of this property and the rooms. I spoke to the house keepers who had a supply room opposite our room about the cleanliness. They take "PRIDE" in what they do and it shows. I was in facilities management and could not find anything wrong.

What's really nice for this hotel, is that they provide you with "soft & firm" pillows. That was a big plus for my wife & I as I like firm pillows. I don't expect this type of service from a Comfort Inn.

The morning breakfast is standard for Comfort Inn....basic food to enjoy and fill up on.

Overall, this is a great hotel that is spotless and a great value!!

Room Tip: Found the best price for this hotel at the Comfort Inn Website.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Allan T
Thank you so much for the very kind words regarding my housekeeping staff; they could not wipe the smiles from their faces when I reviewed your comments with them. It really means a lot when guest like yourself take the time to recognize when the hardest job in the hotel is done with pride.

Thanks again and we hope you return soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I really appreciate the kindness the hotel staff showed when expedia messed up my hotel reservations. Shanta and Mr. George were very kind and understanding and it made for a great trip to Virginia last week. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: get a suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Cherly B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice. Rooms were on the small side but very clean. Bathrooms were clean also and the shower had the perfect water pressure. The location was good..I enjoyed the Krispy Kreme and Starbucks near by. This hotel is not near the beach but it only took us about 15-20 mins to drive to it.
Overall nice stay and I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Taniquae
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Where can I begin.. My family and I are Choice Privelege members and found this hotel about four months ago. When we first got here we were skeptical didnt look like a place we wanted to stay at; but when we came in we were greated by Doug. Pretty cool and funny dude. He assisted me in getting the room and that was that. We went into the room and was amazed. It was clean. Spacious all we needed and them some. So we came back. Long story short because I can go on and on. We are treated like royalty . Anything we need George is on it; he is the manager. He doesn't hesistate to assist and if he cant do it or he isnt here he makes sure Cristina which is an amazing lady or doug sees that it gets done no questions asked. Breakfast is always great and Ms. Audrey always make sure the menu is good. This place is by far the best ever. So if you are every in town please stop by this comfort inn and join the family.

Zekia