“Ok not great.”

Ranked #22 of 1,461 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Local favorite that is great for visitors as well. Great breakfast right on the water at the Rudee Inlet. Was recommended to us by some locals and overheard at least 2 other people telling other visitors to go there during our 5 day stay. Great lunch and dinners also that feature daily blackboard specials. All desserts are homemade. Seafood, fresh meats, produce and dairy are delivered fresh everyday.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited during breakfast hours, had to wait about 15 minutes which wasn't bad. We were seated next to a window with a view of the boats dock outside which was ok b/c I like the water. The decor was dated but the fireplace was cozy.
Now for the food.... I hope dinner is better than breakfast which was basic.... The table next to us couldn't say enough good things about the breakfast happy hour, if you want alcohol for breakfast this is your place. If you want a lot of food this is your place, if you want quality food keep driving b/c you will get basic at best. I may try dinner in the future but I will not recommend breakfast. We were not impressed at all.....oh almost forgot about the plastic cups for juice and water.

1  Thank Angel w

Reviewed April 4, 2013

One of the more unique places you will find in Virginia Beach. Cool view, great prices! Awesome happy hour especially on the shrimp! Friendly staff, it's nice to see the same staff at this place for a long time...really says something. Great variety of food on the menu too.

1  Thank 130AndrewT
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We can't wait to go to VA Beach to enjoy Big Sams! They have the best breakfast and bloody mary's anywhere!!! Lunch is wonderful and Dinner is the best! You cannot beat the variety. I especially love the crab cakes!!!!!!
There's no reason to go anywhere else when you're visiting Virginia Beach!!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We met some local friends for dinner on a Friday night while we were in town. We were told the wait was about an hour for a table of 6, but we bought some drinks and hung outside while we waited. Once seated, we had a very attentive waitress even with the place being so crowded. I ordered the sesame ahi tuna (on the menu) and my husband ordered the mahi that was a special. Both entrees were delicious! I couldn't get over how large the potion of ahi tuna was (yet I ate it all)! It was great to look out out of the windows and see the boats and water. I would definitely go back when I'm visiting Virginia Beach again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Big Sam's isn't very big and there is normally a big wait to get in. But it is definitely worth it! The portions of food are definitely worth the $$$! The wings here are fantastic! My family of 6 destroyed 2 dozen of them! I also got the Lobster BLT, and it was SOOOOOOO tasty!!!!! and the bay fries are so crunchy and delicious! I would definitely return!!!!