“Get a Banana Daiquiri!”

Ocean Eddie's
Ranked #126 of 1,431 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This is a laid back old beach style restaurant that started out as a hot dog stand in 1949. In the 70s and 80s it was a dance on the bar, loud and fun experience. Today, it is a restaurant with terrific views and food. Check out the web site for the music schedule.
Ashburn, Virginia
“Get a Banana Daiquiri!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food was good, not great, but good (decent crab cake for Virginia..I'm from MD). But I was most impressed with the casual beach atmosphere, the view, and the banana daiquiri!! They have fresh bananas hanging from the ceiling over the bar. I actually saw the bartender put a real banana in the blender, which is so rare! They are so fresh and yummy! We will definitely return when we go back to VA Beach :)

• Visited August 2011

Saxe, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I ordered the Fried Shrimp with Hushpuppies, green beans and mashed potatos. For $20 it wasn't worth getting a few shrimp and the rest wasn't even very good. My fiance's flounder wasn't good either. We won't go back next time we come to the beach. Service was excellent though.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MommieLoLo
Versailles, Kentucky
“You want the real chowder- you'll find it here!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This place was recommended to me. It is on a pier right on the ocean. It was the best clam chowder ever-and I have had several. Fish was delicious and light. Still making my mouth water!

• Visited May 2012
Elkton, Virginia, United States
“short break”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

felt like going back in time (at least to the seventies). nothing fancy, shorts and flip flops. great people, food, and excellent views.

Visited April 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“My favorite place to eat at VA Beach!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

If you want to have a romatic dinner you can dine outside on the deck on the pier and the food is fabulous. Inside is always fun and the atmosphere is great. I love their food and they have good prices as well. Definetly go here if you hit VA Beach.

Visited August 2011