“Great place!”
Review of Lucky Oyster

Lucky Oyster
Ranked #42 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on the way back to Sandbridge from the hotel zone and loved it! Had a great shrimp dinner with fantastic crab dip. Not to mention the margaritas were fantastic too!!!

There are newer reviews for Lucky Oyster

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here to get take out and they have a really good menu, it's basically for seafood lovers, as you can smell when you walk in the door. We got scallops that came with hush puppies and it was very good, they have other things on the menu too, but unless you're in the mood for seafood, it's not the place to go.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Pros
Freshness
parking

Cons
Wish they had steamed lobster

Everything was great. Should have gone there more times!

Highly recommend it. (Get the dozen raw oysters- awesome)

1  Thank rawsushi
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was extremely disappointed after seeing all the great reviews. My boyfriend and I went here for my birthday dinner. It just didn't live up to what all these reviews were claiming.

I'll start off with my soup, I ordered the she crab soup. It was good, but had a few pieces of shell in it. That is to be expected though with these kinds of meals, so no big deal.

My meal. I ordered the crab cake dinner with only one side (because that's all it came with). Normally, every seafood place I have gone to in Virginia offers two side with a dinner. Also no bread was offered. Which I found strange seeing as the majority of places offer bread as well. My side was 5 cheese Macaroni and cheese, it was ok but very bland. Finally my crab cakes... not so impressive. The taste wasn't bad, actually pretty good, but I had more than a dozen pieces of shell in them. I didn't finish my second crab cake because of this reason, I was very tired of crunching down on shells. Again this happens when you order seafood but I have never had so many in a crab cake before and I order them every time we go out for seafood.

My boyfriend order the fish tacos and they were delicious, along with fries, also good.

I have to say our overall experience was fair; the atmosphere was great, the food was quick to come out, and our waitress was not rude. I don't like writing comments on waitresses since I was one for 3 years and I know how difficult it can be, but let's just say we must of walked in just before her shift ended (we were sat at 4:00pm). We wanted to get their early to avoid the rush, there wasn't one at that time so it was perfect for us.

Overall it was fine, but nothing to rave about. The high bill for such average food will cause us not to return again. My advice is to either go later (even if it means a wait) maybe it will make a difference in who is preparing the food, or find another seafood place in the area.

1  Thank Shay L
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have eaten here several times and like this restaurant a lot. It can get noisy during prime times, but the food is great.