“Fantastic Italian - Home Cooked For Sure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mannino's Italian Bistro

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,405 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Albany, New York
“Fantastic Italian - Home Cooked For Sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Went to this place based on reviews from trip advisor....food was phenomenal, a must try if you like Italian. Service was good too, waitress was attentive and pleasant. You won't be disappointed.

2 Thank Johnnie M

Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The soup made my day, it was pure heaven for my taste buds. The classy waiters made me feel like I was a real princess. The lasagna was of the highest quality and came with it's own doily. The bread really made the meal feel whole, I wish there was more! Mannino's was a pure delight to eat at!

3 Thank Jamey J
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We made reservations for our anniversary.. seem like a nice place to have dinner. . We arrived were seated right away. . The place was half empty; the tables by us were being served by two different waitress. . But we were not served.. we were not even looked at for over 25 mins. Not sure if it was a race issue since my boyfriend & I are Hispanic or what but we're treated as if we were invisible. We decided to leave got up & walked by the hostess whom seated us who seemed not to notice we were even leaving. Horrible experience.

9 Thank Liza F
Orlando, Florida
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went here for dinner and the food was wonderful... The staff was friendly and the food came hot and fresh. The one thing that I was not so impressed with was hot tightly cramped we were in the restaurant. The tight space will not stop me from coming back in the future.. I just wanted anyone reading my review to know is is not spacious at all...

Norfolk, Virginia
“Very pleasant experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Overall, my family and I had a great experience here. We were welcomed into the restaurant by a nice hostess, and then greeted almost immediately by our waitress, Diane. She was very kind and was obviously was on top of everything. She knew about my allergy and addressed it very well. I wanted to play it safe and ordered a Penne Pomodoro, and although it was not on the menu, Diane made it seem like it was not a problem. I really think that is one of the most important parts of a restaurant. You need a waiter and waitress staff who can negotiate and allow a bit of leeway to the customers, and Diane did more than that. I really enjoyed my experience and I would definitely come back if I ever come back down to North Carolina. Thanks for having us and you may see us again some day.

1 Thank Mada_Adam