“Everything we were looking for!”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,555 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We found you on Valentine's Day evening. We were going to a different restaurant and they were closed so as a last resort we found Mannino's.
All we can say is what a happy accident! Our waitress Courtney was friendly, knowledgeable and very accommodating. The food was delicious, we all completely cleaned our plates and somehow found room for drinks and dessert!

1  Thank tnf4747

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I had the mannicotti formaggio and it was excellent. Had the tiramisu for dessert and it was the best I can say I've ever had. Courtney provided amazing service too. 10/10

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had another amazing dinner at Mannino's Italian Bistro (Kempsville). Even though my wife and I order the same food (chicken parm/lasagna), tonight's meal was especially tasty. Since I was away overseas for a month, having my favorite Italian food was a nice welcome back home meal. Even though our Courtney was off tonight, we wanted to express how much we enjoyed the amazing service we received from Andrew! THANK YOU!

1  Thank sammie_412013
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a wonderful joint Birthday dinner for my parents. Our waitress was Diane who was extremely friendly and helpful! We ordered the roasted garlic appetizer for the table and tried the she crab soup, both were superb. Our entrees were excellent and paired wonderfully with the Mannino's very own Chianti. We had an amazing night and our wonderful waitress made the evening even better!

1  Thank Lee_K_154
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Whenever I am in Va Beach I love to have dinner at Mannino's. On the menu they have calamari (fried) but I like it sauteed and so I always ask for this option and I always get it! This time our waitress Diane mentioned the fresh spinach and I said throw that in too! It was a perfect addition! The food was excellent and Diane could have not been more helpful and enjoyable! You will not be disappointed!
Terri