“Enjoyable”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,414 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
“Enjoyable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

The food we had was good but not great. The chicken Marsala did have a delicious Marsala sauce. The chicken was a flattened piece of breast as expected. The side dish was pasta with an average marinara sauce. The presentation could have been a little better. The bread provided for dipping was just OK. The other entree was fried oysters. They were very good according to my wife who is accustomed to excellent seafood being a Chincoteague native.
The server was friendly and seemed very proud of the high ratings they had received. My only real concern is that this restaurant is a little pricy.

Visited December 2013

Tipton, PA
“First Time - Will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Looking for a different medium priced restaurant in VA Beach area whle visiting my son and his family I found Manninos on Trip Advisor. After learning they were booked for Saturday evening until 9pm we choose to eat there on Sunday evening. If you are considering eating here during a weekend night it seems reservations are in order.....well in advance.

Diane waited on us and did a great job. While it wasn't the best meal I ever had it was one of the best for the price. I had had tortellini, with wild mushrooms and carmelized onions in a white sauce that was very tasty. For dessert the tiramisu was also very good. Everyone in our party were pleased with their meals.

Diane talked us into getting a bottle of Manninos private label wine from Italy which we found to be quite nice.

Don't get me wrong. This is not a five star restaurant....they are located in a small strip mall, with okay atmosphere. However, I think it is a very good value for the quality of food and service. Our group of 4 adults and 1 child ate for $190 including tax and tip. We all had 3 courses and drank a bottle plus one glass of wine.

We will be back.

1 Thank Tipton_Mike
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Way Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

First, I will begin with the positive, which is the staff was very friendly. However, we chose this restaurant based on it's high rating on trip advisor, and were sadly very disappointed. Being from out of town, we did not realize it was "restaurant week" until we made our reservation. Because of this, we ordered off a prix fixe menu the night we dined, which included 3 courses. For our first course, we both chose the prosciutto and mozzarella. This app. consisted of two plainly sliced pieces of prosciutto slapped on a plate with two round slices of mozzarella simply sitting on top. Unimpressive, but edible. For the entree course we ordered an eggplant parmagiana and a penne vodka. The eggplant parmagiana was two thin slices of overcooked fried eggplant with one burnt piece of mozzerella on top, over penne. The only redeeming quality of this meal was the sauce, which I did quite like. The penne vodka was adequate, but more like regular tomato sauce, with very little cream in it. For dessert we both ordered the chocolate chip cannolis. These we found to be quite good. I gave three stars, because if I were to visit VA Beach area again, I would not return to this restaurant, nor would I ever recommend it to a friend based on the mediocre quality of the food we were served. Also, do not go here if you are looking for any kind of ambience. We had reservations, and were seated in the bar area near the door. It was freezing cold everytime someone walked in, and my view all evening was of the single stall ladies room, whose door did not close properly and you could see in through the gaping crack even when it was closed.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had our first meal at Mannino's and Diane waited on us. It was wonderful! Diane was very helpful, walked us through the menu, specials, and suggestions for a kid to eat. She also had quite knowledge about the wine selections and helped me pick the perfect wine.

Now... the food. Everything was creamy, cooked to perfection, and the price was right! We had in house made mozzarella balls and I nearly fell out my chair they were so yummy!

Best Italian food I've had in VB and affordable. Lovely atmosphere and would recommend this restaurant anytime.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Always great, always consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had another fine meal at Mannino's Princess Anne location during restaurant week. The $30.00 price can't be beat for a three course meal. There were several good selections from both the $20 menu as well as the $30 menu. Any dish they prepare francese is scrumptious. The veal is always tender and tasty. Their homemade mozzarella can't be beat. The prosciutto-mozzarella app was out of this world! Courtney, our server, was friendly and checked on us often. she made sure we weren't rushed through the meal.