“Outstanding food and service”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,442 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

First off my server was Desiree. She had a great attitude. I was there with my family (w/small Children) she played with the kids and knew the menu well. She made great recommendations. The calamari was some of the best ever. the tortellini dishes were off the carts. My son bowl was so clean they could put it back with the clean dishes. He never eats like that when we are out as a family.

Subtle things. when our food came out. My wife and my food was piping hot. Where the kids food was warm. Which if you are a parent you know is perfect. Kids do not want to wait for food to cool off and a 1 year old would start crying. I could go on and on. I just can not determine if the food or the service was better. Both were best of breed.

There are newer reviews for Mannino's Italian Bistro

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate here last night on a quiet Monday night in the off-season. We were a little surprised to find the restaurant in a strip mall, but that minor fact was overwhelmed by all the positives of this restaurant. We were warmly greeted by the hostess and seated at a nice booth. Diane, our server, was super prompt, friendly and efficient. We had a roasted garlic antipasti with olives, roasted peppers, fresh mozzarella, toasted bread and prosciutto - delicious. I had veal piccata and my wife had the veal saltimbocca. Both were outstanding with a side of spaghetti with pomodoro sauce. I can understand why this restaurant is currently #1 of restaurants on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've eaten here on multiple occasions and the food and service are always top-notch. The location near a gas station and storage facility seemed sketchy our first time there, but once inside, it's a great dining experience. One of our favorites!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This was our first meal here... Came highly recommended by friends and it did not disappoint. The Tortellini Mannino was remarkable and the Pollo Piccata was out of this world. Our server, Ro, was always there when we needed her. We'll be back... Soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Now i wish I had driven a bit further and tried the Mannino's at Chic's Beach, just for the chance of better food. On a really positive note, from from the moment i entered until i shut the door behind me, this restaurant provided service unsurpassed. The meal started with a delicious bread and oil/ balsamic mix. Next, i ordered the she crab soup, loaded with meaty crab, but the soup base was tasty but HEAVY and very thick; too thick. Felt like at least 1,000 calories just in that cup. The breading on my veal was like eating a wet bandage and should have adhered to the meat rather than float above it. Fortunately the veal itself was tender and tasty. Presentation of the dish was nice.