“Quality Italian for a Reasonable Price”

Mannino's Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mannino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,420 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The experienced Culinary team of Chefs John R. Mannino & John M. Mannino (Father & Son Respectively) have partnered with Sommelier Daris Gavin to open New "Olde World Style" Italian Bistros. The goal was to give patrons Great Italian food at a reasonable price point with wine choices to match. We are sure that the Mannino's Italian Bistro Family will work with great passion & attention to detail to try and ensure that our guest develop a sense of home and comfort while enjoying their dining experience. John R. spent time at many restaurants both locally (Nicholas' at the Omni, La Bella Italia, Cafe Society {Executive Chef}, Bodegas & 456 Fish) and nationally (Lacey's Restaurant/ Manhattan & East of Athens/ Long Island). John M Mannino is an Honors Graduate of Culinary Institute of America. He was the Executive Chef of Bodega & 4 5 6 Fish prior to opening Mannino's. John M also won the Inaugural 2012 Taste of Hamptonroads Iron Chef competition.
Clinton, New Jersey
“Quality Italian for a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Found this place on Tripadvisor, and it was as good as advertised. Restaurant is casual and comfortable. Monday or Tuesday night is wine night. I believe some wine bottles are $9.99. To start of we had the fried oysters. Fresh and tasty. My wife loved the Apple and Gorgonzola salad. She said it was one of the best salads that she has ever had (I assume if you like an apricot salad dressing). I had the Tortellini Rustica. The sauce overpowered the pasta. It was ok. Plenty of options for the kids with their kid's menu. For dessert, we had a very large piece of cheesecake. It was creamy and tasty. I highly recommend it. Great place for a reasonable price that you can attend with the family. Only one issue, service was on the slow side.

• Visited June 2013

“Terrific find!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After spending a week on the east coast, we were ready for a change of pace from all the seafood we had eaten. Found this on Trip Advisor and they had excellent reviews, so decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed... They were very busy on a Saturday evening and we did not have a reservation, but they were very gracious and found us a table after only a ten minute wait. They had a crab cake appetizer as a special, so we decided to try that. Probably the best - and biggest - crab cake we had all week. Big chunks of lump crabmeat with very little filler and perfectly seasoned and served with aioli sauce. Delicious! The rest of the meal followed suit... I had veal and hubby had chicken - traditional parmigiana style. It was crisp outside, tender inside - not the least bit greasy. Sauce was excellent... Sweet, not spicey - no heartburn here. Cocktails from the bar were also very good. Service was great. Sadly, we were much too full to try any dessert. We didn't have a salad, but saw several served near our table and the presentation was beautiful. If there was one negative - and this is being nit-picky - it would be how close we were seated to other diners. We could hear their conversation, so I know they heard ours. We were so close, it was almost as if we were dining with them. But - with no reservation at a popular spot - I don't want to focus too much on that.

Visited June 2013
Virginia
“Maybe a bad day”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Lasagna tasted like the ingredients came from a can and the Scampi Della Casa bland. Service was good and the server offered me a dish of something else, however since my wife’s dish was just as bad we were done. There are a lot of great reviews here so maybe they had a bad day. She crab soup is the best, too bad that’s where the goodness stopped for us..

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sunluvin4ever
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent from Start to Finish”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was looking for a seafood restaurant in Virginia Beach and came across reviews of this place -an Italian Bistro. From the outside, Mannino's looks like it might be closed down, but inside it is quite pleasant. My dinner companion and I ordered the whole belly oysters appetizer, and seafood fradiavalo and soft shell crab cakes for the entree - everything was excellent, flavorful and perfectly cooked. Our waitress was outstanding. We visited a slightly pricier restaurant that supposedly specialized in seafood the next night, and it paled in comparison to this place. While not cheap, prices here are quite fair for the quality, service, and quantity. I also very much appreciated the relaxed, non-uppity, atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian a Short Drive From The Beach”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My son and I had dinner there on a Saturday evening and what a wonderful experience. I had the lasagna and he had the spaghetti with meat sauce. The portions were amazing and the taste was extraordinary! Add the fact that it was a great value you and you have a winner.

• Visited April 2013